Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
White lace sneakers for sleep away camp?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 10:17 pm
sounds impractical to me. won't they be filthy by two days in? DD15 didn't get sneakers yet and was thinking white, but I don't know.......anything really cute that I can point her to that will hold up better?

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 11:31 pm
If she specifically wants white then buy leather and send along a pack or two of baby wipes or Clorox wipes so that she can wipe it clean every so often.

myname1

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 4:17 am
Eh, if she wants white sneakers, probably others have them, too, no? So they'll all have dirty white sneakers after 2 days. What's the big deal??

DrMom

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 6:11 am
Sounds like the most impractical idea ever. (Well, no, white lace HEELS would be worse.)

I'd encourage her to get another color.

mom2be

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 7:06 am
That’s what all the girls are wearing. ( for the past few summers already).

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 7:27 am
I just bought them for my 12 year old daughter yesterday. For $49 I made her so happy. She’ll take good care of them because that’s how she is and if I have to buy her another pair before the summer is over then I’ll look for something even cheaper. We bought puma sneakers in famous footwear. They have other brands too.
This is the girls just want to fit in. This is what many girls are wearing these days. It’s fine. It’s not like I wanted it to last for a year anyway.

chanar

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 8:22 am
White Nike sneakers have been in for a while for the girls. Happens to be, they’re actually not as hard to clean as people are making out. First of all I put sneakers in the washing machine and they come out perfect, but for camp, she can take a pack of wipes and that’’l do the job!!

amother
Teal

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 8:51 am
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
I just bought them for my 12 year old daughter yesterday. For $49 I made her so happy. She’ll take good care of them because that’s how she is and if I have to buy her another pair before the summer is over then I’ll look for something even cheaper. We bought puma sneakers in famous footwear. They have other brands too.
This is the girls just want to fit in. This is what many girls are wearing these days. It’s fine. It’s not like I wanted it to last for a year anyway.

Can you post a link?

amother
Teal

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 8:51 am
chanar wrote:
White Nike sneakers have been in for a while for the girls. Happens to be, they’re actually not as hard to clean as people are making out. First of all I put sneakers in the washing machine and they come out perfect, but for camp, she can take a pack of wipes and that’’l do the job!!

Can you post a link yo which ones specifically?

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 12:49 pm
I just bought my 13 year old daughter Adidas, which she was happy with. Are they totally out?

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 12:52 pm
amother [ Moccasin ] wrote:
I just bought my 13 year old daughter Adidas, which she was happy with. Are they totally out?

No! My daughter wanted a certain style adidas but they weren’t in stock. She found puma’s she liked instead.

mommyla

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 1:36 pm
DrMom wrote:
Sounds like the most impractical idea ever. (Well, no, white lace HEELS would be worse.)

I'd encourage her to get another color.

I think she means white lace-UP sneakers if that makes it any better LOL

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 1:53 pm
DSW had some cute white pumas with a colorful puma symbol.

fireworker

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:06 pm
Anyone have any LACELESS white sneaker ideas for girls? Size 3.5/4
Velcro is fine.

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:11 pm
fireworker wrote:
Anyone have any LACELESS white sneaker ideas for girls? Size 3.5/4
Velcro is fine.

https://www.target.com/p/girls.....aw.ds

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 2:13 pm
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
No! My daughter wanted a certain style adidas but they weren’t in stock. She found puma’s she liked instead.

That's good to hear! We ordered a few pairs from DSW online including a pair of Puma, but one of the Adidas pairs fit her the best and were the most comfortable to her.

emee2

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:41 am
Wait so we are not talking about lace sneakers? I was wondering why I haven’t seen this! 🤣

DrMom

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:18 am
mommyla wrote:
I think she means white lace-UP sneakers if that makes it any better LOL

Oh! Yes, it does! Thanks for clarifying. LOL LOL LOL

I live in Israel. White lace sneakers sound just as plausible as any other random fashion trend in the "in-town" US frum world.

myname1

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:38 am
DrMom wrote:
Oh! Yes, it does! Thanks for clarifying. LOL LOL LOL

I live in Israel. White lace sneakers sound just as plausible as any other random fashion trend in the "in-town" US frum world.

Hahaha and actual lace didn't even occur to me as an option, even after I read your original response. I was wondering what's so shocking about white sneakers! (I think that's all this discussion is about, no?)

chanchy123

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:48 am
My very fashion conscious 12 year old also bought white sneakers, I saw her leave the house in them this morning they’re already filthy.
I don’t get it - but if that’s what she wants and she knows she won’t get another pair this season - then let her. She’ll either learn her lesson, learn to care for the shoes, or learn to wear dirty shoes.
15 is old enough to deal with the consequences, part of growing up.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics