Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Creative high level Job!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

ora_43

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:53 am
What about being a business consultant? That could be a way to use existing expertise, but with the novelty of new projects.

You could also give workshops for people who want to be entrepreneurs.

Really the question is what speaks to you. What part of what you do is the part that you really like (as opposed to the part you slog through because it has to get done)? The marketing, recruiting staff, training staff, troubleshooting when problems come up...?

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:56 am
Hire a business consultant to help you bring the business to the next level and keep you busy making it that much more profitable.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:56 am
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:
Can you find fulfillment somewhere else? Do you have a hobby you enjoy or can you find a new hobby? Honestly a successful business is nothing to throw away these days. You are really fortunate. Many people don't enjoy their jobs. You definitely need to feel fulfilled in other areas so maybe a hobby would be the better way to go, especially in today's economy.

Having other hobbies is important to, I agree. But someone with my kind of stamina and focus and desire to grow, can also get that fulfillment while making lots of money for her family. There’s no reason to think they are Mutually exclusive.
And again, in no way do I think anybody should be irresponsible and think I Can just quit my job until I find my dream job. I continued to work at the job I hated while building up my new business and only then slowly dropped my hours. You absolutely need to be responsible but also if you have the drive, don’t settle for less than you think you are capable of.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:01 am
ora_43 wrote:
What about being a business consultant? That could be a way to use existing expertise, but with the novelty of new projects.

You could also give workshops for people who want to be entrepreneurs.

Really the question is what speaks to you. What part of what you do is the part that you really like (as opposed to the part you slog through because it has to get done)? The marketing, recruiting staff, training staff, troubleshooting when problems come up...?

Thank you so much those are really really good questions! I need to think about those but that is really really helpful.
As far as mentoring, that’s actually one of the parts that I dread. Banging head
I do love teaching, and I actually was a teacher for a couple years, but now I find that I just don’t have patience for people that want an easy fix and are not willing to build their business with good old-fashioned hard work :-) I’ve given quite a few online courses and also just did not find the fulfillment from there.
Hmmm you’ve given me some food for thought. Thank you!!
Any other wisdom to share ? Very Happy

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:03 am
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
I could have written your post word for word besides a husband with mental illness. Mine just won't work to bring in enough for us to live on. He insisted on staying in chinuch. I really feel you! Making big decisions on your own is so so lonely 😞!!! I'm also very bored and have no real fulfillment from the business I created from scratch. I'm in rhe market of looking to create something new but not sure what so I really get you. I'm debating with something that will not bring in much but I would really enjoy or start another company similar and alongside the one I have now.....
I don't have much advice but wanted to say thank you for sharing this as it made me feel less alone in this world.
Thank you

So literally the same story! My husband is in Kollel, Shoel Umaishiv, Rosh Chabura but gets paid peanuts or rather sesame seeds. He actually has a degree but let's not discuss that...

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:04 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I'm not quite in your situation but I have an advanced degree and feel the same way. It's at the point where I really hate my work, but how can I throw out a degree? I keep fantasizing about starting a business. Thanks for the advice btw.

Absolutely go for it! Start with it on the side and don’t drop your hours until you build it up into something. That way there’s no risk in giving it a go. I don’t regret leaving my masters degree in the dust. It was absolutely the right decision for me and my family

amother
Navy

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:06 am
A business offering custom software would be super challenging and creative. You can think of a software solution to a problem that you've seen is needed in your current business and hire people to build the solution and then sell it with customizations. You'll never be bored...

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:08 am
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
I could have written your post word for word besides a husband with mental illness. Mine just won't work to bring in enough for us to live on. He insisted on staying in chinuch. I really feel you! Making big decisions on your own is so so lonely 😞!!! I'm also very bored and have no real fulfillment from the business I created from scratch. I'm in rhe market of looking to create something new but not sure what so I really get you. I'm debating with something that will not bring in much but I would really enjoy or start another company similar and alongside the one I have now.....
I don't have much advice but wanted to say thank you for sharing this as it made me feel less alone in this world.
Thank you

Seems like we have similar situations... Confused

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:09 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
A business offering custom software would be super challenging and creative. You can think of a software solution to a problem that you've seen is needed in your current business and hire people to build the solution and then sell it with customizations. You'll never be bored...

Thank you!! Unfortunately technology is my weak point. I’m awful at it and hire it all out. Great idea for someone tech savvy though!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:11 am
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:
Hire a business consultant to help you bring the business to the next level and keep you busy making it that much more profitable.

Where do I find one of those? Is That like a coach?

justforfun87

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:11 am
This sounds like a good question for the women over at JWE (Jewish Women Entrepreneurs.) I haven't read the thread, are you connected with them? They seem like HUGE powerhouses.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:13 am
justforfun87 wrote:
This sounds like a good question for the women over at JWE (Jewish Women Entrepreneurs.) I haven't read the thread, are you connected with them? They seem like HUGE powerhouses.

Nope I’m on my own. Never heard of them. Can you share? Thank you!

otstud

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:15 am
See the imamother thread for what businesses are needed in lakewood for ideas. Also, as an Ot in particular, an outdoor based ot business with therapy focused on outdoor activities is something I looked into. Maybe it's for you to start here! Just Google outdoor occupational therapy for ideas

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:23 am
otstud wrote:
See the imamother thread for what businesses are needed in lakewood for ideas. Also, as an Ot in particular, an outdoor based ot business with therapy focused on outdoor activities is something I looked into. Maybe it's for you to start here! Just Google outdoor occupational therapy for ideas

Any chance you can link that imamother thread? I don’t see it

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Nope I’m on my own. Never heard of them. Can you share? Thank you!

Can you sell your product on Amazon?

otstud

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Any chance you can link that imamother thread? I don’t see it

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....69462

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:18 am
If you are looking for a couch, I am enjoying the process with Buffini & Company. They assign a couch to you based on various questions etc. They also have an in-depth look at your strengths and weakness which I found to be uncannily accurate. I was recommended to reach out to them by a VERY successful business owner who used them in the past.
http://www.buffiniandcompany.com/
Btw I also have been thinking about selling my business but am constantly told I would be a fool to do so as its B"H very successful grossing over 3mil a year in sales.
I keep wondering if there would be a support group (for lack of a better word) where successful WBE (women business entrepreneur) in the Jewish world can get together and share their struggles and suggestions. Would you be interested in something like this.
fyi I am based in Lakewood as well.

balance

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:34 am
OP is there any way I can contact you? I have an idea but don't want to put it out here.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:37 am
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
If you are looking for a couch, I am enjoying the process with Buffini & Company. They assign a couch to you based on various questions etc. They also have an in-depth look at your strengths and weakness which I found to be uncannily accurate. I was recommended to reach out to them by a VERY successful business owner who used them in the past.
http://www.buffiniandcompany.com/
Btw I also have been thinking about selling my business but am constantly told I would be a fool to do so as its B"H very successful grossing over 3mil a year in sales.
I keep wondering if there would be a support group (for lack of a better word) where successful WBE (women business entrepreneur) in the Jewish world can get together and share their struggles and suggestions. Would you be interested in something like this.
fyi I am based in Lakewood as well.

I would absolutely be interested in meeting! And congrats to you on your successful business. That’s awesome! Someone just posted abt JWE , but I had never heard of it before.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:39 am
balance wrote:
OP is there any way I can contact you? I have an idea but don't want to put it out here.

Sure! Let me set up an email and I’ll post it here in a minute
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics