Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Changing bras

Ima2

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:41 am
how often do you and/or your teens switch/wash your bras? and how many do you have? I grew up with wear 1, wash 1. so I wear 1 bra all week and then wash and wear the other one. my girls seem to be putting their bras in the wash nearly every day!

boymom

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:46 am
I think every day is a bit too much. It also depends winter or summer. In the summer it gets so sweaty. I smell it. (Sweat doesn’t always have a smell...) If it smells it gets changed as often as needed. In the winter I can wear the same all week. I like to have 4. 2 nude and 2 black or colored.

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:47 am
2-3 days. In summer it can be daily if I'm out in the heat all day.

While nursing it's daily. I sweat, I have milk coming out, etc.

If it's smelly it shouldn't be worn again.

Elfrida

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:50 am
Ima2 wrote:
how often do you and/or your teens switch/wash your bras? and how many do you have? I grew up with wear 1, wash 1. so I wear 1 bra all week and then wash and wear the other one. my girls seem to be putting their bras in the wash nearly every day!

In the Israeli summer, I can see their point. They probably sweat into it a fair amount during the day, and change it as often as any other underwear.

Personally, I also tend to keep it going for about a week unless it is particularly hot. I normally hang it to air overnight. There have been times when I could only afford one, and washing it had to wait until I could wash it in the evening and be sure it would be dry in the morning, so that was sometimes more than a week. Thankfully beyond that stage now.

singleagain

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:52 am
Depends... If I shower in the AM I like to put on a bra that feels clean. Even if it wasn't a tough day the day before and it's been airing out all night I still sometimes get skeeved with the idea of putting on the same on.

But I have been known to wear the same one 4 days to a week.

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:52 am
I probably changed every day when I started. I mean, I'm a rule follower. I was taught to change everything every day, certainly undergarments. I had to be explicitly introduced to the concept that people don't.

amother
Grape

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:01 am
A few months ago I read that you should wear your bras on rotation and wash them after having worn them all 3 times or so washing them too often will wear down the fabric.
I do this now and works well for me. This means that they don’t get stretched out fast it gives the bra a chance to air out and to for the materials to get back to shape.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:02 am
Daily. I can feel the difference if it's one I wore already. I don't wear anything twice that directly hits my skin. And my girls run around, or it's winter so their classrooms are overheated, etc. And yes, that's a lot of bras to buy for camp.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:04 am
I rotate 2-3 and wash once a week.
My teen seems to want to wash every day for the past few years as well. Now that she's wearing more expensive bras with form padding, I'm trying to teach her how to rotate like I do - where I hang on my closet door to air out overnight. Better not to wash so often to maintain form and stretch.
For camp I'm sending her with 3 good expensive ones but still sending her 4 comfy cheaper versions (took a while to find good ones for her form that weren't expensive), so she can switch daily if she needs. I know it can get pretty sweaty in camp.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:16 am
I change my socks daily, when I wore only an undershirt I changed that daily, and if I wear an undershirt as an extra layer under a blouse, I wear it only once and then wash. A bra is no different even if costs twenty times more than a pair of socks. (As it happens, I wear compression socks that cost three times what my bras do.) Anything that directly touches skin I change daily.

Sanitation aside, the elastic parts stretch out and loosen, so by the next day they're not hugging as firmly as they do when newly washed. If I need to wash by hand and drip-dry in the bathroom, that's what I do.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 4:32 pm
I think they say the average woman has a dozen bras but only likes 4 of them.

amother
Freesia

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 5:09 pm
Wear one day and then wash. A week is too long.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 5:11 pm
When I shower. So during the winter that's every other day and in the summer that's every day

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 5:18 pm
I wear one every day.
I’m a sweater.

I feel like they should be changed almost as often as undies.
(I often change them twice a day.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children