Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Making $1000 in a day
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:49 am
I work and have kids to care for and a home to run and my husband works over hours. We are making ends meet for the most part. We don't have anything extra. I would like to have some money on the side for extras, gifts, ice cream once in a while, outdoor equipment and bikes for my kids... I don't have much extra time and not very many talents... any ideas how to make some extra money on the side periodically as needed? Are these survey monkey payments legit? All ideas welcome

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:44 pm
You want to be able to make 1k in one day?

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:49 pm
Most people say it's beneath their dignity, but cleaning for others is a very lucrative field and doesn't require particular talent.

zigi

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:53 pm
Surveys do pay, inbox dollars, instagc and Swagbucks I earned money from. It's great for extras also if you do money back for shopping on Swagbucks you can earn.

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:32 pm
$1000 a day you would need a very special skill or talent or product.
That’s not something a survey would pay. Like if you’re a doula you could make that in a day eventually

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:35 pm
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:
Most people say it's beneath their dignity, but cleaning for others is a very lucrative field and doesn't require particular talent.

It does require talent: cleaning talent. Plus an enjoyment of cleaning. It is not for those who loathe cleaning and aren’t good at it.

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:48 pm
amother [ Tuberose ] wrote:
It does require talent: cleaning talent. Plus an enjoyment of cleaning. It is not for those who loathe cleaning and aren’t good at it.

Not really, if you look at cleaning lady threads. Plenty of cleaning ladies are apparently terrible at what they do, but it's better than nothing so they are retained as employees.

Many women would appreciate hiring a frum woman who they can trust in their kitchen and around their children.

You don't have to enjoy a job to do it. My incredible FIL who works a very well-paying job frequently says, "there was not one day of my life when I woke up and wanted to go to work."

amother
Viola

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:15 pm
Not really, if you look at cleaning lady threads. Plenty of cleaning ladies are apparently terrible at what they do, but it's better than nothing so they are retained as employees.

Many women would appreciate hiring a frum woman who they can trust in their kitchen and around their children.

You don't have to enjoy a job to do it. My incredible FIL who works a very well-paying job frequently says, "there was not one day of my life when I woke up and wanted to go to work."

That’s so sad. I wake up every morning and absolutely LOVE my job!!
I can make $1000 in a day, or even $3000 in a day, but then go a week or two without making anything… such is owning your own business 🤷🏼‍♀️

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:27 pm
Your number is quite unrealistic for someone with no talent and no extra time!
A makeup artist can earn 1k (or more) a day traveling and working at a wedding (travel pays more). But you need skill and you'd be out of the house a minimum of 12-14 hours.

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:27 pm

I loathe cleaning and am bad at it and would never clean, not because it is beneath me but because I don’t want to do a job that I hate and am bad at, that simple. I have had jobs I am good at and love, it is definitely possible.

But with cleaning, many successful cleaning businesses are run by people who love cleaning and get satisfaction from making a messy/dirty place sparkling.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 4:49 pm
my dh does video production and his day rate for filming is around 1k but obvs can't be done from home. video editors can make decent money more frum women are going into this

PinkFridge

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:34 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
my dh does video production and his day rate for filming is around 1k but obvs can't be done from home. video editors can make decent money more frum women are going into this

And who else gets a chunk of the 1K?

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:36 pm
You can become a doctor and get $500 for 15 minutes of your time.

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:40 pm
amother [ Oleander ] wrote:
You can become a doctor and get $500 for 15 minutes of your time.

Doctors do not get paid $2000/ hour.

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:44 pm
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
Doctors do not get paid $2000/ hour.
OK, 1000 after expenses.

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:01 pm
amother [ Oleander ] wrote:
OK, 1000 after expenses.

Um, no. What a silly cynical comment.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:07 pm
I know some people that do overnight and over the weekend babysitting for extra income. It pays decent money and is not too difficult if you take only one at a time, and only when it's convenient for you.

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:38 pm

Totally agree - I took cleaning jobs for a number of years and it paid better than other jobs I had, and had more flexibility in terms of when I had to work (which meant I could work around my kids schedules, and even do it when my husband was home so I wouldn't have to pay a babysitter).

I only stopped because once my kids were at the point of starting at the local girls' school I didn't want to leave open the possibility that they might be teased (as in 'your mommy cleans my aunt's house'). It just didn't seem worth the risk.

But yes, if you work quickly and don't mind dealing with messes, the pay is decent. You can work for private homes, but you can also clean shuls, if that's more your speed.

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:14 pm
What about sourcing cute accessories for Aliexpress and selling them.

You could hold a kind of Tupperware type of party on a Sunday and have them on display - and also have printed pictures of stuff you could order.

My friend did that for several years and made quite a lot of money as a side hustle. She sold purses, accessories and most of her stuff was special ordered and a lot of it was relatively high end in terms of being excellent replica type items. I knew a lot of extremely wealthy women who bought from her. LOL

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:28 pm
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
What about sourcing cute accessories for Aliexpress and selling them.

You could hold a kind of Tupperware type of party on a Sunday and have them on display - and also have printed pictures of stuff you could order.

My friend did that for several years and made quite a lot of money as a side hustle. She sold purses, accessories and most of her stuff was special ordered and a lot of it was relatively high end in terms of being excellent replica type items. I knew a lot of extremely wealthy women who bought from her. LOL

Aren’t replicas copyright infringement and geneyva?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics