Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Finding a Job with a Recruiting Company

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:36 pm
It seems to be that most companies work through a recruiting company nowadays. How does this work? How do the recruiters make money? Is there an advantage to working with a recruiter? Can you send your resume to multiple recruiters or only work with one? Do they send out your resume to every job opportunity, or do they ask you first? Any insight would be helpful. TIA!

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:40 pm
yes you can send your resume to multiple recruiters. generally the recruiter meets you face to face to get an idea what kind of job is right for you - she filters out the job openings and sends your resume to the ones that seem good. you don't pay a recruiter at all, the job pay a percentage of your incoming salary to the recruiter. I don't believe they apply to every single opening out there, just the companies that work with them and will be paying them, but there's a lot! my response is based on my personal experience switching jobs. whats convenient abt this , is that it saves you a lot of time and heartache. She will get you targeted interviews and handle the hrs/salary negotiations for you.

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 4:38 pm
I’ve worked with recruiters as the employer (not my business but HR department)
We reach out to recruiters and tell them what specifically we’re looking for.
They send us resumes of potential candidates. We can choose whether we want to interview or not.
If we do hire, 30 days after the employees start date we need to pay the recruiter 12-15% of your projected annual salary.

amother
Sunflower

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 4:44 pm
What field are you in?

amother
Sunflower

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 5:42 pm
If you speak to more then one recruiter , you need to make sure they’re not submitting you for the same positions. Insist that they clear it with you before submitting you for a job. The recruiter will likely have a relationship with the company, or even with the hiring manager, so that will hopefully help to get your resume attention. They might also have helpful tips as to how to do well on an interview with that manager/company, what they’re looking for , and the salary range.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries