Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Finger foods egg/nut/dairy free any ideas

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 1:08 pm
My baby only likes finger foods, anyone have any recipes like for a healthy pancake or French toast or kugel or muffin that I can make for her to eat free of her allergies

jfk92

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 1:18 pm
Hi my kids has a lot of allergies early on. So I ot creative.

For French toast- I'd dip challah in rice milk that I added a little honey and cinammom into and lightly dipped in flour. Pretty much ended up with same result.

Vegan bannana muffins have pretty good recipes online. I used bannana, oil, and a little Applesauce with flour, baking powder and sugar or honey. I didn't care for the alternatives w chia.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 1:24 pm
Thank you so much. I’ll look online for banaa recipe .

jfk92

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 3:04 pm
I'm sorry I an not a measurer. My recipes are giving over a list of ingredients if you want feel free to message for other ideas that you want allergy free. Vegan pancakes were simple too. Also - if your child can tolerate some of the different nut butters - u can do that w toast and cut it up w fruits. I also make my kids jams w toast so I can control the sweetness.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 3:52 pm
Egg free potato kugel

5 lb yukon gold potato
1 onion
2/3 c oil
2/3 c gluten free flour (I guess you can use regular flour, my kid's allergic to wheat)
1 Tbsp salt

Preheat oven to 425. Grate potatoes and onion in food processor with the shredding blade. Empty into large bowl. Switch to S-blade and put half the shredded mixture into food processor and blend until all mush. Put back into large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix with spoon (or gloved hands, which I find easier.) Spray 9x13 pan. Pour mixture into pan.

Bake at 425 for 45 minutes, then lower to 375 for another hour or until looks done.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 5:53 pm
Wow thank you all so much! I tried the French toast tonight and she loved it!

jfk92

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 6:31 pm
So happy to hear that!

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 6:48 pm
We are even more restricted until our next allergist visit, but some favorites here:

Chickpeas (cut in half)
Hummus (with cucumbers for dipping)
Corn cakes

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 7:39 pm
There is an egg replacement product called Just Egg. I have found it in target. I use it for French toast, omelets, pancakes...
I will try to come back and post some recipes - but here are some more ideas off the top of my head
You can replace eggs in most baked goods with apple sauce or non dairy yogurt
We like the daiya cheeses - lots of diff versions
Look at allergic2allergies.com- tons of resources

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 6:27 pm
Thank you: any other pointers or info would be so helpful.

jfk92

Post Tue, May 17 2022, 7:57 pm
Can your baby have fish ? You'll laugh but early on my baby loved lox. Would eat it w cucumber and corn cakes or egg free crackers. Also my kids love avocado so that was great. Whole wheat pita and avocado were a hit.
I'm guessing your issue is breakfast time. Or are you looking for all meals?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 6:38 pm
Thank you so much the potato kugel she loved and I did too ! Ok fish we didn’t try yet but as soon as I do lox is a great idea I would never think of it.
Any other good recipes with protist I would love keep them coming

jfk92

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:52 pm
Ok so protein-

My kids could handle a slow cooked steak (think minute steak for 6 hours in the oven) which I cooked w Yukon and onion. Nothing needs to be replaced.

I bought talipia fillets- cut it up into peices, coated flour that I seasoned w onion powder and salt. Works fine without egg. I would recommend using a non stick and a little oil when you fry.

Chicken nuggets out of ground chicken. Season how you want; and mix. Mine typically didn't have issue w holding their shape. Grease your hands a little to form them.Especially if smaller sized. Only thing is- sometimes they swelled up a bit in cooking process. Doesn't affect taste.

Ground beef patties-
My older one could manage it at an early stage but my younger wasn't chewing it as well as I wanted so I pushed it off till later on. If you add Seltzer and can find some bread to soak and add it can be much softer.

Also- slow cooked chicken on the bone. My kids loved to hold and bite it. Can throw some great veggies in the end too. All in one

One of my kids had a BUNCH of allergies. So I also made lamb in a crockpot. Also gets very soft and they can eat it themselves. However- if you don't like the smell I don't recommend this. It took me a long time to get over it lol

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:30 pm
Breaded chicken cutlets cut into tiny pieces
Preheat oven to 425. In a big bowl, mix thin cutlets, oil, salt, bread crumbs. Spread on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake about 15 minutes.

Pasta, you can buy pasta made from chickpeas or lentils for protein. My kids were able to feed this to themselves at a young age, even if couldn't really chew. And I find it goes down easily even if not chewed well so never had them choking or gagging on it.

Chickpeas, I pop them out of the skin and they can feel themselves

Chicken from chicken soup cut into small pieces

I'll post more as I think of it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:37 pm
You are all amazing !!

anonymrs

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:15 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
Egg free potato kugel

5 lb yukon gold potato
1 onion
2/3 c oil
2/3 c gluten free flour (I guess you can use regular flour, my kid's allergic to wheat)
1 Tbsp salt

Preheat oven to 425. Grate potatoes and onion in food processor with the shredding blade. Empty into large bowl. Switch to S-blade and put half the shredded mixture into food processor and blend until all mush. Put back into large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix with spoon (or gloved hands, which I find easier.) Spray 9x13 pan. Pour mixture into pan.

Bake at 425 for 45 minutes, then lower to 375 for another hour or until looks done.

Bumping this for the person who was looking for egg free Kugel. This was my recipe that I posted a while ago.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics