Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Anyone else? Hearing Lag Ba’omer songs makes me 😭

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 6:52 pm
I’m sitting in my car and crying because I just heard lag baomer songs playing on the Jewish radio. It was always such a happy day and now all I can think about is the horrible tragedy of last year. Is this day forever ruined for me? And just can’t stop thinking about why these people had to die in such a holy place on a holy day…

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 6:55 pm
Yep same here. It's so bittersweet.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 6:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m sitting in my car and crying because I just heard lag baomer songs playing on the Jewish radio. It was always such a happy day and now all I can think about is the horrible tragedy of last year. Is this day forever ruined for me? And just can’t stop thinking about why these people had to die in such a holy place on a holy day…

Same. I keep replaying last year’s lag baomar in my head

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 6:58 pm
I can't wrap my head Round opening up meron again.

Boggles my mind that anyone would go.

Insanity is doing the dame thing over again

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 6:58 pm
Same here, watched parts of the live stream from Meron and it just made me so so sad all day Crying

amother
Denim

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:01 pm
Same here I just start crying each time I hear a song or see a picture.

doodlesmom

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:41 pm
Same.
The last 2 years lag Baomer was very sad….
And the songs bring out all my emotions.

amother
Glitter

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:44 pm
Not listening to music yet, but the day itself is giving me a version of PTSD. Especially with the request going around to help the two boys from last year who are still hurt. I'm trying so hard not to pass it to my kids.

amother
Broom

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:46 pm
amother [ Glitter ] wrote:
Not listening to music yet, but the day itself is giving me a version of PTSD. Especially with the request going around to help the two boys from last year who are still hurt. I'm trying so hard not to pass it to my kids.

What request? Hurt in what way?

My friends brother was one of the niftarim. I have avoided thinking about lag baomer. we did not celebrate. I had a panic attack this morning thinking about my friend

asmileaday

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:48 pm
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
I can't wrap my head Round opening up meron again.

Boggles my mind that anyone would go.

Insanity is doing the dame thing over again

I haven't watched the whole live in Meron but from what I did see the place seemed waaaay less crowded than last year. So it's not quite doing the same thing.
And yes, all I could think about was last year's tragedy. When they lit the 45 candles and called out each name, it was chilling. I don't feel that free lightness with the music anymore.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:50 pm
My son asked to go to a local fire here in Lakewood. It was all I could do not to refuse him, there's really nothing wrong. But all I could think of was getting the news last year on the way home from that fire... Crying

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:51 pm
It must be a very difficult day for so many people, for all the people that were close.

And yes, it’s for sure on my mind. I think it’s “good” to know that we didn’t forget, that lag b’Omer is connected to last year.

amother
Glitter

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:08 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
What request? Hurt in what way?

https://matzav.com/remembering.....ized/

doodlesmom

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:51 pm
Why have I never heard of the 2 boys? Are they awake? Nebach

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:13 am
Depends what you call awake. I believe Elazar is in slightly better shape than Yossi but neither of them is what you would call completely conscious. Yossi, at least, (don't know about Elazar) is brain damaged. So he's not in a coma but he cannot communicate in any meaningful way. Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days