Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Monsey Mani/Pedi + Baby OR HOME OR LATE HRS
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 2:04 pm
Any places in Monsey that I can get a good mani and Pedi and bring my baby along?
I like a place that cleans nails well but wouldn't mind if I need to hold my baby.

amother
Canary

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:02 pm
Is that safe? I personally wouldn't want my LO breathing in all the fumes and chemicals. Just a thought

amother
Natural

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:23 pm
Personally when I go get a mani pedi it’s so annoying when babies are there and they start crying but mom can’t take care of them cause they are getting nails done. Makes me unable to relax and enjoy

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 5:44 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Personally when I go get a mani pedi it’s so annoying when babies are there and they start crying but mom can’t take care of them cause they are getting nails done. Makes me unable to relax and enjoy

This. I don’t want to hear your kvetchy baby during my relaxing time.

Librarian

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:19 pm
I can get you the name and number of the woman who comes to my mother's house if you would like. But Mani only

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:00 pm

That's why I'm asking.
I can't go without baby but need to get it done.
Now that's over with- let's move on and recommend me something.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:00 pm
amother [ Navyblue ] wrote:
This. I don’t want to hear your kvetchy baby during my relaxing time.

Not the point of my thread. If you can't recommend me a place, I will end up in that place with my baby.
Any suggestions?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:01 pm
Librarian wrote:
I can get you the name and number of the woman who comes to my mother's house if you would like. But Mani only

Hmm I need it for the mikvah otherwise I'm OCD so that won't help.

Thank you though for helping!
It seems that other people like to just criticize and not be helpful

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:03 pm
To be clear, I will literally just be getting a cleaning, no polish so it should take shorter.

Please don't bash, but just recommend.

TIA!

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:11 pm
Are you taking your baby with you to the mikva? No, I hope. So if doing mani/pedi is for mikva, have the same babysitter available or drop off your baby to someone.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:16 pm
I've gone to powder and paint with my (well-behaved) baby and had a good experience.

Ground level walk in so u don't have to drag baby up stairs (like a different place here), and great service.

It was ok during the pedicure when I could hold her but for mani I would suggest having a plan in place, like a bottle, toys, snacks etc. If he/she cries you won't be able to take care of her for a solid 10-15 min.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:21 pm
amother [ PlumPink ] wrote:
Are you taking your baby with you to the mikva? No, I hope. So if doing mani/pedi is for mikva, have the same babysitter available or drop off your baby to someone.

Nope not the same ..
Baby is sleeping at night and as far as I know, no Mani/pedi is open past 9. Mikvah is when baby is sleeping l. Please don't irk me since I'm already stressed about mikvah. Come on.

Also I obviously have no reliable person that I know of personally to watch my baby. Not sure why your harping on this and being mean.

Like I said, if you have no recommendation, please don't respond.

Now anyone else have any ideas?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:25 pm
amother [ DarkOrange ] wrote:
I've gone to powder and paint with my (well-behaved) baby and had a good experience.

Ground level walk in so u don't have to drag baby up stairs (like a different place here), and great service.

It was ok during the pedicure when I could hold her but for mani I would suggest having a plan in place, like a bottle, toys, snacks etc. If he/she cries you won't be able to take care of her for a solid 10-15 min.

Hmm I've gone there in the past and gotten looks of how I could do such a thing... Which I understand, people go specifically there for the spa experience

I don't go to these places unless I have a simcha (which even then, I don't always do since it's difficult due to child care and it takes longer since I get polish) or for mikvah... But I understand that people want a calm and peaceful experience.

Do you think a non-jewish place would be more accommodating?

amother
Natural

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:33 pm
I go to a non Jewish place it’s not about that it’s taking your baby to such a place by a non Jewish place would be a chilul hashem

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:33 pm
Does anyone know if someone can do both in my house (without polish)? I would be open to that as well.

I'm sorry if I sound snarky but it is not helpful when people are bashing me while I'm trying to avoid ruining their experience.

Really, please be kind.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does anyone know if someone can do both in my house (without polish)? I would be open to that as well.

I'm sorry if I sound snarky but it is not helpful when people are bashing me while I'm trying to avoid ruining their experience.

Really, please be kind.

I’m sorry you don’t get us!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:34 pm
I go to a non Jewish place it’s not about that it’s taking your baby to such a place by a non Jewish place would be a chilul hashem

Sorry, just to clarify- you think it would be better if I go to a non-jewish place right?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:36 pm
I’m sorry you don’t get us!

Oh I do.
I really do.
I'm looking for more of a casual place where people are schmoozing on phone (so already making noise) and more going in and out and not for the spa experience.
I just want someone who is going to do a good job...
I really don't want to ruin your experience since it probably is your moment of self care.
Hence this thread.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sorry, just to clarify- you think it would be better if I go to a non-jewish place right?

No rather a Jewish place

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Nope not the same ..
Baby is sleeping at night and as far as I know, no Mani/pedi is open past 9. Mikvah is when baby is sleeping l. Please don't irk me since I'm already stressed about mikvah. Come on.

Also I obviously have no reliable person that I know of personally to watch my baby. Not sure why your harping on this and being mean.

Like I said, if you have no recommendation, please don't respond.

Now anyone else have any ideas?

Could DH do it?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics