Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Making $1000 in a day
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:41 pm
Are ppl really making $300k

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:40 pm
How much does cleaning pay already? $25/hour tops?

I do freelance writing on the side for extra income. It pays but I need to have the brain space and ideas. I have the ideas actually but not the energy to develop and formulate them properly.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:44 pm
I can earn that in a day but not every day. If you want to earn a lot you need to invest a lot.

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:48 pm
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
Doctors do not get paid $2000/ hour.

Dr. andrew goldstein does lol
I paid 1800$ for a consult for one hour

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:03 pm
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:

Yup, some do.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:15 pm

I don’t know this doctor, but You’re forgetting that a large chunk comes off for expenses. Plus he probably doesn’t get $1800 patients every day.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:20 pm
Thank you for all the suggestions. I know I'm not going to make that much, I am looking to have extra cash around for the little extras that we never treat ourselves to (even an iced coffee!)
I couldn't do cleaning because I can't even clean my own place. And I can't leave my children. It would need to be something that I can do in the evening, from the computer or my kitchen...

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:21 pm

No idea who that is, but he has plenty of expenses. Insurance, paying his staff (medical assistants, nurses, secretaries, billing, maintenance), his building , his licenses, equipment, of course he has/had to pay off hundreds of thousands of dollars for medical school and not making a liveable wage while in residency.

Even so, that rate is extremely rare and people shouldn’t pretend doctors are taking home over $4 million a year. Doctors do quite well, but they are rarely making over 500k a year (many make more like 200k) they aren’t the richest among us. And they can’t start working until they’ve been out of high school for like a decade. An Amazon seller making 300k a year who started working at 25 will do better long term than a doctor …. No loans to repay too

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:22 pm
zigi wrote:
Surveys do pay, inbox dollars, instagc and Swagbucks I earned money from. It's great for extras also if you do money back for shopping on Swagbucks you can earn.

Can you please tell me more about this? How it works? Thank you

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:25 pm
You can work as an insurance broker, you can work on sales, you can teach English online.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 11:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for all the suggestions. I know I'm not going to make that much, I am looking to have extra cash around for the little extras that we never treat ourselves to (even an iced coffee!)
I couldn't do cleaning because I can't even clean my own place. And I can't leave my children. It would need to be something that I can do in the evening, from the computer or my kitchen...

If you like baking/cooking, you could sell your goods. Not that it would be 1k/day but if you sell something like premade cookie mixes people will pay like $8-10 for a pack each at a local co-op/farmers market. If you have a Costco or sam's club membership then your overhead will be cheaper bc you can buy 25lbs of flour, 10 /lbs of sugar, etc at bulk prices

You could also grow and sell microgreens or fresh herbs. Or do a dips for Shabbos service

salt

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 5:27 am
I know families who go away for shabbos to stay with relatives/parents and rent out their apartment for shabbos.
Usually young couples with young kids who go away for shabbos often anyway.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:10 am
amother [ Oleander ] wrote:
You can become a doctor and get $500 for 15 minutes of your time.

Wife of an MD here.
Dr's might charge you $500, but that's not net.

Let's just say $2000 a shift is considered extremely well paid for a dr who specializes. A SHIFT. With lots of patients.

You have a very narrow point of view if you are looking at your explanation of benefits from insurance and thinking your dr walks away with that, without calculating Cost of Doing Business.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:02 am
amother [ Oleander ] wrote:
OK, 1000 after expenses.

Lol the next time you have a doctor's appt, look at your EOB and see how much (little) they got.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:05 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Wife of an MD here.
Dr's might charge you $500, but that's not net.

Let's just say $2000 a shift is considered extremely well paid for a dr who specializes. A SHIFT. With lots of patients.

You have a very narrow point of view if you are looking at your explanation of benefits from insurance and thinking your dr walks away with that, without calculating Cost of Doing Business.

The EOB does show how much the doctor gets. My PCP gets 100-200 (don't remember the exact number but I think it was closer to 100) for an annual physical. And he usually spends more than 15 minutes with me.

My mom worked in medical billing and was always shocked at how little the doctors received. No dr makes 1000 an hour.

amother
Chambray

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:51 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
If you like baking/cooking, you could sell your goods. Not that it would be 1k/day but if you sell something like premade cookie mixes people will pay like $8-10 for a pack each at a local co-op/farmers market. If you have a Costco or sam's club membership then your overhead will be cheaper bc you can buy 25lbs of flour, 10 /lbs of sugar, etc at bulk prices

You could also grow and sell microgreens or fresh herbs. Or do a dips for Shabbos service

I was thinking that someone could offer services as a personal chef. You don't have to be a super gourmet cook because there are people who would buy home cooked decent meals because they don't have the time and it would be exactly to their taste and nutritional needs and would be customized.

Some personal chefs do the shopping and then come to the house to cook the food and leave it to be heated based on agreeing on the menu. The person would pay for the cost of food and then some amount for preparing and shopping. Or food could be prepared at home and delivered.

There are personal chefs who operate this way.

Also there are some services like taskrabbit where you offer your services to people and they hire you through the App. They can be all kinds of services like accompanying someone to the doctor if they don't drive. If you sign up for the taskrabbit service you can see all the different kinds of services that people offer.

Or there is a service called Dumpling where you are the personal shopper for people.

Or you can sign up for something like instacart and just take jobs on days when you have time. Or sign up for Door Dash or Ubereats. My neighbor does Door Dash occasionally as a way to pick up spare cash. She also drives older neighbors to the doctor or for shopping.

I don't think these work for OP but they are ways for people to make money on a very part time basis.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:54 am
Many people are suggesting home cooking/baking. Are so many people who have no clue who you are willing to buy from your kitchen??

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:17 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
The EOB does show how much the doctor gets. My PCP gets 100-200 (don't remember the exact number but I think it was closer to 100) for an annual physical. And he usually spends more than 15 minutes with me.

My mom worked in medical billing and was always shocked at how little the doctors received. No dr makes 1000 an hour.

I'm an NP. We get paid in something called RVU. Each type of visit is a different number of RVUs. A basic sick visit is 1 RVU. A more complicated case might be 1.5. Well visits are 2-3 RVUs. On a typical day I see 15-20 patients which adds up to about 20-30 RVUs.

In my job NPs and PAs make $23 per RVU and MDs make $35. So you can do the math.

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:27 am
amother [ Whitesmoke ] wrote:
How much does cleaning pay already? $25/hour tops?

I do freelance writing on the side for extra income. It pays but I need to have the brain space and ideas. I have the ideas actually but not the energy to develop and formulate them properly.

May I ask, who do you write for? Who are your customers?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:39 am
amother [ Thistle ] wrote:
May I ask, who do you write for? Who are your customers?

There are 3 publications that I write for regularly.

I started out sending them free articles. They liked my work and offered to pay me to write more often.

One is a weekly publication that I edit.

The others I send in articles from time to time.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics