Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Mold Inspection Monsey

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 8:27 am
There's one room in my house with a constant musty smell. Since we bought the house it's been this way. We've never had a proper inspection done. But I'm wary of hiring just any company. Most of them also do the remediation and I'm afraid they will find something just in order to get more money. Who is trustworthy to tell me what's honestly going on inside the walls of my house?

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:03 am
I used Tristate Restoration
201-809-3767

Amarante

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:36 am
Do not use any company that also sells mold remediation because they might have an incentive to sell you the remediation and find mold and overstate the issue.

I had to check for asbestos when I remodeled and the company which checks for the asbestos is separate from the company that performs the removal if asbestos is found so there is no incentive for the first company to find asbestos since they make the same amount whether there is asbestos or not. The same is true for mold.

amother
Milk

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:41 am
FYI legally they are not allowed to do both
I would definitely only use a company who only does inspection and not remediation

Amarante

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:42 am
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
I would definitely only use a company who only does inspection and not remediation

I know that is true where I live but wasn't sure of law in Monsey so just wanted to let people know.

It is like having something appraised and then selling it to the appraiser.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:43 am
Anyone have a good mold removal company in Brooklyn? I’ve already had an assessment and don’t know who to trust and who removes the mild properly without spreading the spores?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:21 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I used Tristate Restoration
201-809-3767

Do they also fix the problem for you? I wouldn't want that.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:22 am
amother [ Milk ] wrote:

Right, so do you have any recommendations?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries