Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Heimish cholent recipe

mirimiri

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 12:00 pm
Hi! I’m looking for a Chulent recipe, I had a Chulent someone brought me from a place in monsey not sure what it was called. It was more on the whiter side and not liquidy more barley-ish seemed like it was probably made with very simple ingredients and probably had a-lot of oil lol but tasted amazing anyone know what I’m talking about and have a great recipe?
Thank you!

best

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 12:34 pm
1/4 cup Sauteed onions, cup navy beans, 1/2 cup barley, pinch black pepper, 1/ tsp salt. Water. On small flame or overnight oven @225

mirimiri

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 12:38 pm
best wrote:
1/4 cup Sauteed onions, cup navy beans, 1/2 cup barley, pinch black pepper, 1/ tsp salt. Water. On small flame or overnight oven @225

Thank you, do you put any meat in it?

mirimiri

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 3:27 pm
The place we got it from is called Monsey Takeout and it was the Barley Cholent. If that helps, that’s the type of Cholent I’m trying to get a recipe for. Thank you!!

best

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 5:28 pm
mirimiri wrote:
Thank you, do you put any meat in it?

We keep it parev untill late Fri afternoon, then add chicken leg or beef. Great snack all day Friday, some kids rather eat cholent than cake, שבת morning
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus