Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Lag baomer the year after

Jewishmom8

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 2:58 am
is anyone else feeling mixed emotions this year? I am sorry if I missed a thread about this already.
It was emotional for me to watch the live hookup of meron last night.
It brought up so many memories of what happened.
Watching them light a candle for each of the people was very emotional.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 3:09 am
We must also remember that there are 2 teenage boys that suffered very long term damage from last year and are by no means recovered.
Elazar ben Re'uma
Yosef Azriel ben Chaya Michal

Dina2018

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 3:26 am
where could I watch it?

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 3:28 am
I couldn't watch.

But I was thinking, as I am sitting here miserable, pained at how joyous Lag B'omer became such a terrible tragedy...

That was Lag B'omer originally.

24,000 young men, great Talmidei Chachomim, precious holy souls all died. And as much as the cessation of the deaths is happy, they stopped because they were all dead. And there must have been thousands in mourning on Lag B'omer itself.

Maybe my previous perception of Lag B'omer was too superficial. Maybe this year I can come to a place of simcha despite the pain, through the pain.

This whole past year, it has been so hard for me. Mention Meron, and my mind screams an anguished plea, "Kedai Rabi Shimon Lismoch Alav!" So where were you, R' Shimon?

I don't know.

Jewishmom8

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 3:30 am
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
I couldn't watch.

But I was thinking, as I am sitting here miserable, pained at how joyous Lag B'omer became such a terrible tragedy...

That was Lag B'omer originally.

24,000 young men, great Talmidei Chachomim, precious holy souls all died. And as much as the cessation of the deaths is happy, they stopped because they were all dead. And there must have been thousands in mourning on Lag B'omer itself.

Maybe my previous perception of Lag B'omer was too superficial. Maybe this year I can come to a place of simcha despite the pain, through the pain.

This whole past year, it has been so hard for me. Mention Meron, and my mind screams an anguished plea, "Kedai Rabi Shimon Lismoch Alav!" So where were you, R' Shimon?

I don't know.

That is a very important point.
I think my previous perception was too superficial too.
Thank you.

Alternative

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:21 am
This is Miron the year after:
The kever has been closed following a violent crowd rush. All policemen and women evacuated in order to save their lives.
All buses have been turned back, except for the ones in the parking lots closest to the kever.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:25 am
I was bawling my eyes out watching and listening to the candle lighting l'ilu nishmas the kidoshim. It was abnormal.

Alternative

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:26 am
https://www.ynet.co.il/judaism.....oplay

Unfortunately lag baomer is over in Miron. They aren't even sure they will be able to hold the memorial service.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:49 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
I was bawling my eyes out watching and listening to the candle lighting l'ilu nishmas the kidoshim. It was abnormal.

Same.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 12:12 pm
This year Lag Baomer approaching made me feel such dread... like what horrible thing is going to happen this year CHV RL

I know it's not a good way to think, but I have PTSD from last year.

I remember last year going to my computer to see what was happening in Meron, and I saw a pic of the body bags. I was in SHOCK.

I don't know if I'll ever think of Lag Baomer the same. The memorial video of the beautiful boys lost, especially the younger ones, is heartbreaking.

But like Alyssum said, maybe that is how it's supposed to be, how it was originally.

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 12:41 pm
Alternative wrote:
https://www.ynet.co.il/judaism/article/skke11dzp9#autoplay

Unfortunately lag baomer is over in Miron. They aren't even sure they will be able to hold the memorial service.

In the future they should not allow any men under the age of 25 to attend.
They never have any issues controlling the crowds by the women.
It is always the bochurim from anti zionistic factions that make trouble.
They ruin it for everyone else who is following the rules.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days