Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Bais Yaakov High school makes reunions, not BY of BP element

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 12:26 pm
How come Bais Yaakov High School in BP makes reunions, and not Bais Yaakov of BP (elementary school, Rabbi Ehrenreich)?

Imho a BY of BP elementary school reunion would be so much more interesting, with women from much more varied backgrounds.

Anyone want to start some kind of online group for BY of BP elementary grads, by year?

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 12:45 pm
1. I. Direct answer to your q: BYBP (Bais Yaakov of Boro Park elementary school) and BYHS (Bais Yaakov High School) are not connected or related in any way shape or form. Happens to be both are in BP (and were both of the first elementary and high schools there) and also happens that a number of girls do choose that school after BYBP elementary school but that is all.

2. In general, it is the HS’s that make reunions not the elementary schools. That being said, no one is stopping you from doing so on your own.

Probably a lot of work ahead for you but hey, if you really interested then go for it and see if you get any bites from old classmates. You never know.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 2:27 pm
They only make a 50 year reunion as far as I'm aware. They don't do every decade.
Once you waited 50 years after graduating elementary school, you can wait the additional 4 years for the high school one...

I think it would be nice if there was a reunion every ten years but... I'm not willing to work for that

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:21 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
They only make a 50 year reunion as far as I'm aware. They don't do every decade.
Once you waited 50 years after graduating elementary school, you can wait the additional 4 years for the high school one...

I think it would be nice if there was a reunion every ten years but... I'm not willing to work for that

I know there was another high school one before the 50th.

The elementary school never had any. Id find the elementary school one way more interesting because the BY of BP elementary student body had so many different types. BY High school students were mostly similar, with a few exceptions here and there.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 3:29 am
Our Bais Yaakov High School grade had no reunions. It doesn't get put together by the school. At 20 years a few of us got together and made it happen. When we reached out to the school they offered to give us the space to make it in if we took care of everything (we passed on that and found our own place).
Bais Yaakov high school really doesn't do this. It's the girls/women in the grade that decide if they want to make it happen. So make it happen.
You're lucky there were women who got together and made 2 reunions happen for you.

amother
Navyblue

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 7:07 am
BYHS makes a 60 year reunion when the woman are almost 70 years old??
I went to byhs My classmates and I have upper elementary school age kids. I sometimes meet them at school functions, shopping around lakewood. its amazing we each went our separate way. I would love a high school reunion haven't heard of any major group connections since I left school. My sister graduated about 8 yrs ago. She has a group whatsapp where they keep up with one another who needs a bracha Mazal tovs

amother
Tomato

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 7:13 am
I went to BYHS. Never had any reunions, never heard of them. I assume if a specific class or grade wanted to and had girls that wanted to organize it, it would happen.
Don't think I would be interested in going anyway.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 8:29 am
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:
I went to BYHS. Never had any reunions, never heard of them. I assume if a specific class or grade wanted to and had girls that wanted to organize it, it would happen.
Don't think I would be interested in going anyway.

Same.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:14 pm
OP here. My class' 50th year reunion took place this past Sunday, and after my doubts about going, Im really thrilled that I went.

amother
Sunflower

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 11:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OP here. My class' 50th year reunion took place this past Sunday, and after my doubts about going, Im really thrilled that I went.

Just came across this thread.
Please post! Would love to hear more. What was it like? Did any former teachers attend?

cnc

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 12:12 pm
amother [ Sunflower ] wrote:
Just came across this thread.
Please post! Would love to hear more. What was it like? Did any former teachers attend?

Are any teachers still alive ?

amother
Sunflower

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 12:41 pm
cnc wrote:
Are any teachers still alive ?

My grandmother was in the Class of 1959. Her fiftieth reunion was the first, in 2009. Rebbetzin Wesel attended as a former teacher, and I believe she is alive ka"h ad meiah v'esrim shana.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries