Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Mobile data for tablet

ChumHen

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 6:26 pm
I'm looking for a tablet, specifically for the purpose of having access on the go. So I understand I would need a tablet that is capable of holding cellular data. (a guy in the wireless shop told me not all tablets have that capability.) Where do I buy the tablet and where do I purchase the data?

I spoke to an agent in best buy who told me to reach out to my cell phone carrier. My carrier is sellectell. But they don't have much choice. The cell phone store told me they can sell me a tablet - very high priced.

Someone else suggested I buy an internet USB for my laptop on the go. But the cell store said they do not carry that. They only carry a hot spot device....which my laptop filter cannot work with. So I'm back to seeking to purchase a tablet with mobile data.
I don't know where to go for this.

Any help I can get would be appreciated!

relaxation

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 6:33 pm
If you are on medicaid or receive some sort of gov. assistance I can give you a number where you can get a free tablet with buit in internet for a 1 time purchase of 15 dollars. This is funded by the goverment.

ChumHen

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 6:38 pm
I appreciate.....but we are just above - meaning "too rich" to receive any goverment help

relaxation

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 6:47 pm
Do you get free meals for your kids in school ? I was told that is also another way of being eligible.

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 6:56 pm
You can buy a used ipad that supports cellular service and get a data only sim card from your cell provider. I can't imagine selectAll does not have any of those?

Is $199 more than you are willing to pay? https://www.amazon.com/Apple-C.....r=8-3

Amarante

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 7:06 pm
Do you have a Smartphone? Most smartphones now have hot spot capacity and it is pretty seamless.

I have an iPad without cellular capability and I will sometimes use my iPhone as a hot spot if I am out of range of Wifi.

ChumHen

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 5:34 am
appreciate all the tips.
ok - so I gotta inquire about a data only sim card.
but where do I get an "android" tablet that supports cellular service?

amother
Tealblue

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 7:44 am
ChumHen wrote:
appreciate all the tips.
ok - so I gotta inquire about a data only sim card.
but where do I get an "android" tablet that supports cellular service?

Curious why you need an Android tablet? An older iPad will probably be better quality but I'll find you a link for a decent Android option.

amother
Tealblue

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 7:52 am
Here's a decent Android tablet option

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung.....94PHV

ChumHen

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 8:05 am
why android? only because my computer is a windows and my phone is android - so it'll be easier back and forth.
I so appreciate the help - if you think ipad can work with my other devices then I'd consider.

amother
Tealblue

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 8:11 am
ChumHen wrote:
why android? only because my computer is a windows and my phone is android - so it'll be easier back and forth.
I so appreciate the help - if you think ipad can work with my other devices then I'd consider.

Either one should be fine. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics