Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Grilled burgers-make meat stretch? ISO good recipe

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 5:55 am
We love making BBQs but ground beef for burgers gets pricey.
We used to make our burgers with only ground beef and seasoning but ive heard of recipes that have other fillers, and im looking to try one now...

Anyone have a really good recipe for a MOIST AND JUICY burger? Not looking for anything too out of the box-we like a good old fashioned regular tasting burger

Thanks in advance!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 9:55 am
Bump

Amarante

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:05 am
I don't think there really is a satisfactory result if you like the traditional juicy grilled burger.

Whenever you add fillers it changes the texture so it is more like a meatloaf.

Turkey burgers more traditionally have fillers because the turkey itself isn't that flavorful so they often have vegetables added to boost the flavor AND the juiciness.

You might think about adding stuff to an individual burger AFTER it is cooked so that one burger is sufficient. For example, a very rich hamburger bun - or filling interesting condiments. Many "fancy" burger places have unusual gourmet type toppings like sautéed mushrooms; caramelized onions or guacamole.

What about vegan cheese since a cheeseburger is more filling than just a plain burger.

mha3484

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:10 am
You can finely chop mushrooms and mix with the meat to stretch it.

SuperWify

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 10:29 am
I made the most delicious burgers yesterday.

1 pack ground beef (I think was 1.5 pounds)
Bread crumbs
Parsley and onions chopped very small
3 garlic cloves crushed
Salt, pepper, allspice, black pepper, meat seasoning

Mix very well.

camp123

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 11:02 pm
Blend a mixture of mushrooms and fried onions and mix into the meat.

shanie5

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 10:28 am
I go with the e train fillers in the sandwich itself. Grilled veggies, lettuce, tomatoes, grilled pineapple, grilled portobello mushrooms, coleslaw, sauteed onions. Or anything else you can think of.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 10:32 am
The bread crumbs stretch it. But not much.
Maybe just make smaller…
I can still find ground beef for $5.99/lb and stretch to 6 hamburgers. So not so horrible. Comes out less then chicken for supper.

amother
Currant

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 10:34 am
Maybe use half ground chicken if that brings the price down. Comes out really good.

amother
Holly

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 10:38 am
I make delicious, juicy burgers with
1/2 cup bread crumbs, 1 large grated onion, and 1 egg, 2 pounds of ground meat, plus spices.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 11:44 am
I thought burgers are supposed to just be ground meat. I always just make patties with meat and season the outside with salt and pepper. So good.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 11:47 am
amother [ Currant ] wrote:
Maybe use half ground chicken if that brings the price down. Comes out really good.

I do it to be healthy. But these days it’s not really cheaper.

naomi2

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 11:56 am
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:
I thought burgers are supposed to just be ground meat. I always just make patties with meat and season the outside with salt and pepper. So good.

Op specifically said the all beef Patties are pricey for her. She is looking to stretch the meat

amother
Moonstone

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 11:57 am
My MIL makes burgers with grated potato as a filler for Pesach and my family happily eats them and asks me to make them year round. I think it's 1 large potato per pound of ground beef.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen