Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
I just need chizzuk baby with eczema and allergies

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 4:17 am
Just don’t have anyone to talk to . I love my baby and I’m trying so many ways to help her but it’s as if some flares are worse than others. As the eczema gets worse she gets more agitated and then all night she’s miserable scratching and moving around and uncomfortable . I hold her, nurse her , do what I can but I feel like a mess. I know I can handle going without much sleep, but after a while it gets to me: I don’t know what I’m asking for just feeling so down . Feeling like I’m some how causing these allergies, feeling like I keep trying to do my best for everyone in my family and work and be present and I just feel like I’m failing at it all. Just looking for chizzuk from other mothers .

amother
Stoneblue

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 5:07 am
So, so hard. I had this with my now 4 year old. BH today, nothing left apart from a little behind his ears and knees. It's absolutely not your fault and you're doing your best. Try and find someone to take something off your hands, even if it's to take the baby in the evening for an hour so you can rest. and hang in there! iyH it will get easier.

When you're tired everything is too hard. Be kind to yourself!

amother
DarkYellow

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 6:31 am
Lots of hugs and empathy. BTDT. I was already an experienced mother when my youngest had heartbreaking eczema. Made a hard time even harder. Hard to watch them suffer.
Talking to my ped and then taking him to an allergist was a game changer. And prescription cream!
He is 2 now and we know the foods that cause outbreaks and his skin is mostly clear and we use medicated cream for flare ups.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 7:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just don’t have anyone to talk to . I love my baby and I’m trying so many ways to help her but it’s as if some flares are worse than others. As the eczema gets worse she gets more agitated and then all night she’s miserable scratching and moving around and uncomfortable . I hold her, nurse her , do what I can but I feel like a mess. I know I can handle going without much sleep, but after a while it gets to me: I don’t know what I’m asking for just feeling so down . Feeling like I’m some how causing these allergies, feeling like I keep trying to do my best for everyone in my family and work and be present and I just feel like I’m failing at it all. Just looking for chizzuk from other mothers .

I hate the steroid creams but they worked like magic. Sometimes I would use them just enough to keep the worst away, because I knew it would come back afterwards anyways, so might as well do a smaller dose and stretch the cream out more.

The child still has eczema today. But instead of on the neck and chest, it's rarely on the cheeks and mostly just on the forearms and hands, and behind the knees. Doesn't seem to bother the child so much anymore, other than appearance and sometimes the stuff on the hands hurts.

What helped us:
- chest and neck was exacerbated by the paci, try to keep those areas dry
- different soaps or shampoos, maybe for you different detergent would work, we never tried
- diet changes - they worked for me as a kid and work for many others but at this point without the child on board I'm not forcing diet changes
- try to make sure the child doesn't sweat too much, the wetness isn't good for the eczema

If you haven't been to a dermatologist now is the time to go. If you haven't been to an allergist now is the time to go.

Sorry you have to deal with this.

cuties' mom

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 7:38 am
I had this with my 15-year-old when he was a baby. What helped was:
1. going off the foods he was allergic to. BH he outgrew all his allergies, but as a baby, he was allergic to milk, eggs, and peanuts.
2. Take a bath every night.
3. Avoid all Johnsons baby products since they're scented. For soap we use cetaphil cleanser. (Don't mix it up with cetaphil lotion- that has nut oil.) Cerave is also a good soap.
4. Ds used to sleep in wet cotton pajamas with dry cotton pajamas on top. This way, his skin stayed moist all night.
5. Avoid polyester.
6. Ds had a prescription for atarax and cutivate. That helped clear it up.

workout geek

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 9:39 am
I'm sorry you are going through this. It was heartbreaking to hear my toddler say that "I just want my booboos to go away". What ended up helping her was making sure every product that came in contact with her skin was dye and fragrance free. Think detergent, soap, shampoo, stain remover...we also started using the cream Eucrisa with a different moisturizer and it was amazing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics