Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Adult hydrocele

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 2:27 pm
Hi does anyone have experience with this surgery in young adults? What's the recovery like? How bad was the pain afterwards? I'd appreciate any and,all information. Thanks very much!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 4:53 pm
Bump .does anyone have experience with this? Either young adult child or dh do the hydrocele repair surgery? It would be a huge mitzva if you can help advise. Thanks so much

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 4:55 pm
Is this the same has hernia ?

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 4:57 pm
My ds had an inguinal hernia repair as a toddler to correct his hydrocele. It was a very quick recovery, back to himself within 24 hours.

amother
Valerian

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 4:59 pm
My husband has a hydrocele but never did anything about it. It hasn't affected him besides for looking weird bh.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 9:24 am
Op here thanks so much for the responses. No, it's not a hernia repair( had few of those done). It's more involved, larger incision and I believe longer recovery. I'm trying to find out more the form an educated opinion as to whether or not to go ahead with surgery. Did anyone you know do the surgery thst help us out with info? Ds does not want me to ask irl ... thanks very much I truly value and appreciate any and all information and or experiences.

amother
Valerian

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 9:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Op here thanks so much for the responses. No, it's not a hernia repair( had few of those done). It's more involved, larger incision and I believe longer recovery. I'm trying to find out more the form an educated opinion as to whether or not to go ahead with surgery. Did anyone you know do the surgery thst help us out with info? Ds does not want me to ask irl ... thanks very much I truly value and appreciate any and all information and or experiences.

Why are you considering doing surgery?

amother
Daisy

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 11:08 am
My DS had hydrocele surgery. He was not a young adult, but he was considerably older than the standard age for this surgery (baby/toddler). We decided to do the surgery after speaking to the surgeon and understanding the potential complications of leaving it, such as testicular torsion. Hydrocele can also be uncomfortable, though it was not for him.
My DS remained in hospital overnight due to unrelated medical issues, but normally he would have been monitored a few hours and discharged same day.
He did have activity limitations for a few weeks and for the first few days mainly rested. He did not have significant pain, and just took routine pain killers for the first days. The incision is in his lower abdomen and that seemed to be where the pain was mostly, not in the scrotum.
After the few week recovery period, he was totally fine and resumed normal activity.
Of course it is a surgery and recovery experiences can differ though.

amother
Daisy

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 11:09 am
My DS had hydrocele surgery. He was not a young adult, but he was considerably older than the standard age for this surgery (baby/toddler). We decided to do the surgery after speaking to the surgeon and understanding the potential complications of leaving it, such as testicular torsion. Hydrocele can also be uncomfortable, though it was not for him.
My DS remained in hospital overnight due to unrelated medical issues, but normally he would have been monitored a few hours and discharged same day.
He did have activity limitations for a few weeks and for the first few days mainly rested. He did not have significant pain, and just took routine pain killers for the first days. The incision is in his lower abdomen and that seemed to be where the pain was mostly, not in the scrotum.
After the few week recovery period, he was totally fine and resumed normal activity.
Of course it is a surgery and recovery experiences can differ though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics