Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby doesn’t nap

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 2:06 pm
My 3.5 year old stopped napping and I’m losing it slowly but surely. She’s so tired. I put her in for A nap and 25 minutes she’s up and screaming and won’t go back to sleep. She does this a few times a day. I can’t get a thing done.
Any advice?

She sleeps a solid night from like 8:30-6:30

ETA 3.5 month old!

amother
Fern

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 2:15 pm
She obviously doesn't need to nap anymore at 3.5. Kids don't nap forever, they outgrow naps at some point. If she does nap for 25 minutes, then she doesn't need more than that. Please don't force her and don't put her to bed multiple times a day.
A 3.5 year old is not a baby. Unless you mean a 3.5 month old, then yeah, baby needs 2-3 naps a day.

sarahph1

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 2:15 pm
Do you mean 3.5 month old?

amother
Candycane

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 2:16 pm
Lol cuz she’s not a baby l! I thought you were going to be talking about an infant with this title! Most kids drop their nap by this time, mine certainly did by 2! Sorry, but this is normal for her not to need to sleep during the day. Either get stuff don’t while she’s at school or at night when she’s asleep

amother
Black

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 2:17 pm
A 3.5 year old usually doesn’t need a nap. Do you mean 3.5 month old? Her night stretch sounds too long in that case and she might be trying to make up feeds.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 3:14 pm
Oh man, this is the affect of her not napping. Lol!
She’s 3.5 months old. Yes ladies. She’s still a baby!

amother
Fern

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 3:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Looks like she's cat-napping, I had it with one of my babies. It's so so frustrating, he only napped for 20 minutes at a time. I was told it's normal for that age. Bh at 6 months, he started napping better.
Good luck!

rachel0615

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 3:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I so feel you. Hugs

amother
Black

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 3:16 pm
So she’s going really long at night. At that age 6-8 hours is considered a long stretch. I would give her a dream feed in middle of the night. Also make sure she’s eating extra during the day since she is skipping so many feeds.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 3:35 pm
rachel0615 wrote:
I so feel you. Hugs

This really touched me.

Thanks!

amother
Hibiscus

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 6:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My 3.5 year old stopped napping and I’m losing it slowly but surely. She’s so tired. I put her in for A nap and 25 minutes she’s up and screaming and won’t go back to sleep. She does this a few times a day. I can’t get a thing done.
Any advice?

She sleeps a solid night from like 8:30-6:30

ETA 3.5 month old!

My 4 month old does this too! Wakes up 25 minutes on the dot.
I find that if I shorten her wake window she takes a nicer nap. If after being awake 1.5 hrs she starts fussing I put her in for a nap right away, she will take a nice 1.5 hr nap. If she starts getting fussy and I cant stop what im doing to put her down for a nap then she gets overtired and sleeps only 25 minutes

I remember once reading that the more sleep babies get the better they sleep. It sounds crazy but I really am seeing that its a real thing.

...baby just woke up lol. 25 minutes on the dot, had her up to long while I was cooking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics