Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Baked Shnitzel recipe that tastes like or better than fried

Mevater

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 12:26 pm
Anyone have a Baked Shnitzel recipe that tastes like, or better than Fried Shnitzel?

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 12:31 pm
This is very good.
https://betweencarpools.com/se.....tzel/

Mevater

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 12:47 pm
ra_mom wrote:
This is very good.
https://betweencarpools.com/se.....tzel/

Thanks so much! Ive liked every recipe Ive tried from that website..

Which breadcrumbs do you use?

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 1:05 pm
Mevater wrote:
Thanks so much! Ive liked every recipe Ive tried from that website..

Which breadcrumbs do you use?

Osem homestyle breadcrumbs for this recipe (really I've used any breadcrumbs). If you're short on time buy Pereg golden breadcrumbs that's all mixed already.

tichellady

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 1:12 pm
I have never had baked shnitzel that was close to taste as fried. But it can still be yummy

naturelover

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 1:27 pm
I dip in flour, egg, corn flake crumbs. Line metal Sheet pan with parchment. Spray with olive oil Bake at 375 for about 12 min. Flip, spray, and bake the other side. Comes out crispy.

jycar

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 1:33 pm
Dip in flour to coat then dip in reg or light mayo as the dredge then dip in bread crumbs. Spray oil on sheet pan and then spray oil on the schnitzel once laid out. Bake uncovered till golden brown

Amarante

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 1:35 pm
tichellady wrote:
I have never had baked shnitzel that was close to taste as fried. But it can still be yummy

Agreed.

You can make baked crusted chicken and amping up the flavors as well as using different coatings that are crustier will produce a more interesting result.

For maximum crispiness cook it on a grate that elevates the chicken so that the bottom doesn't get soggy and both top and bottom get as crispy as possible.

Also spray the coating with oil so that it crisps up a bit as it baks

But in the end there really is nothing that is comparable to the kind of crust that you get from foods that are fried because of the way hot oil makes the crust incomparably delicious and crusty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey