Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Ideas for a road trip

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 10:47 am
(If you figure out who I am from this post, please don’t say anything)

I would like to take my kids on a road trip this summer, but there are a few kinks in the plan….
1. I will iyh be well into pregnancy, and I can’t plan NOW for how mobile I will be or will be feeling.
2. We have a wedding on august 30 and shabbos sheva brachos that we can’t miss. Labor Day is the following Monday and then my kids start school.
3. 2 kids will be away first half
4. At least one kid will be working in a camp second half so won’t be able to just take off if we go away.

I think rather than do a multi-destination trip, we would be better off going to one place for a few days and just doing something there.

With all that said, what are some places within 4-5 hours driving distance from the far rockaway/5 towns area that have multiple things to do, with kids ranging from mid teens to preschoolers?

amother
Wallflower

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 10:54 am
Not sure I understand what you’re looking for.

Are you looking for one destination, 4-5 hours away?

Or multiple destinations with the final one being 4-5 hours away?

How many stops do you want?

(If the latter) I’m thinking New Haven, Mystic, Newport and Boston

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 11:03 am
amother [ Wallflower ] wrote:
Not sure I understand what you’re looking for.

Are you looking for one destination, 4-5 hours away?

Or multiple destinations with the final one being 4-5 hours away?

How many stops do you want?

(If the latter) I’m thinking New Haven, Mystic, Newport and Boston

One destination, 4-5 hours away, where we can do things for a few days.
Preferably where we can get an air bnb rather than staying in a hotel.

amother
Wallflower

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 11:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
One destination, 4-5 hours away, where we can do things for a few days.
Preferably where we can get an air bnb rather than staying in a hotel.

I thought you said a multi destination trip?

I’ve never stayed in air bnb but I think Boston is great since you can also get kosher food and shul if you want

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 11:28 am
amother [ Wallflower ] wrote:
I thought you said a multi destination trip?

I’ve never stayed in air bnb but I think Boston is great since you can also get kosher food and shul if you want

No, I said RATHER THAN A MULTI-DESTINATION TRIP. Sorry for the confusion.
Will definitely look into Boston, thanks! If anyone has any other suggestion, I’m open.

doctorima

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 12:21 pm
Do you need minyan or kosher food? Personally, I love NH in the summer. It's a drop more than 4-5 hours from NYC, but if you can go for a few nights, it's beautiful in the summer and has lots of different family-friendly activities. If you want closer, options would be Boston, DC, Finger Lakes (I think Binghamton has minyan, but double-check), Tannersville, Newport, and Onset (Cape Cod). Does any of those appeal to you?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 1:22 pm
doctorima wrote:
Do you need minyan or kosher food? Personally, I love NH in the summer. It's a drop more than 4-5 hours from NYC, but if you can go for a few nights, it's beautiful in the summer and has lots of different family-friendly activities. If you want closer, options would be Boston, DC, Finger Lakes (I think Binghamton has minyan, but double-check), Tannersville, Newport, and Onset (Cape Cod). Does any of those appeal to you?

I think we went to NH last summer, or maybe it was the summer before, for a few days. We had a great time, I would for sure go again!! We’ve also been to Boston, would definitely go back there. We did DC for the day a few times, I can definitely look into that for a few days. Will also look into the others. Minyan and kosher food is not a must, unless we stay for shabbos and then we would need a minyan.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics