Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
New Yorkers, need help planning short trip to NY please

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 3:02 pm
I'll beH be travelling with my teenage daughter to NY for a chasunah in July and figured we might as well stay a day or two extra to get some shopping in. As an out-of-towner who knows nothing about NY, I don't even know where to start.

- Which area should we go to to shop? (camp shopping for DD, weekday & Shabbos shopping for me)
- Which hotel should we stay at? Close to the shopping would make sense, right? (The chasunah is at a hall in Brooklyn...)
- How should we get around? Rent a car? Uber?
- Any other info that I should know?

Thanks in advance for your help!

doctorima

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 3:20 pm
If your goal is shopping, BP is probably your best bet. Staying at the Avenue Plaza will be extremely central, and Park House would work as well if it's cheaper. You wouldn't need to rent a car, and wouldn't even want to rent a car. If you wanted to come into Flatbush one day, you could easily take an Uber. Where in Brooklyn is the wedding?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 10:41 am
Thanks so much for your reply! The wedding is in Williamsburg. That seems to be quite a distance from Boro Park… on second thought, is there any good shopping/hotels closer to Williamsburg? Worst case I don’t mind having to travel in for the wedding but if there’s equally good shopping close by, that would be ideal.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 10:47 am
I think you'll have better shopping in BP. I highly recommend you check out Junees.
You should not rent a car unless the prospect of searching for parking excites you. Boro Park is a very walkable city.
An uber to Williamsburg for the wedding should run approximately $45 each way. Cheaper than renting a car, I'd say.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 10:53 am
If you stay in Boro Park, Junees's, Rebecca, Tov Fashion, Brenda's, and Chi Chi are great for camp shopping. Junees's just opened a second BP location on 13th Avenue. You can try S&W, Elzee, and Clover too.
In Flatbush, you can try Udel NY, Fallon's, Talking Fashion, Fashion Island, Unique Boutique, and Jap Apparel.

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Sun, May 22 2022, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 10:54 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I think you'll have better shopping in BP. I highly recommend you check out Junees.
You should not rent a car unless the prospect of searching for parking excites you. Boro Park is a very walkable city.
An uber to Williamsburg for the wedding should run approximately $45 each way. Cheaper than renting a car, I'd say.

I agree that the BP shopping would be better than Williamsburg. Besides, I doubt you would find certain styles in chassidish Williamsburg, such as denims, which may be something you would want for your dd for camp.
You can also take public transportation to Williamsburg or Flatbush.

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Sun, May 22 2022, 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 11:06 am
Thanks so much for the replies! So would you all recommend Boro Park shopping over Flatbush?
Also, I’d love to shop for a precut sheitel while I’m there. Any recommendations for a place with a large selection?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 11:08 am
I would also recommend Galaxy on 13th.

All the stores I mentioned above would have plenty of options for you too.

I will let someone else respond regarding the wigs. Perhaps Irene's.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries