Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How do I resign myself to the fact that Hashem wants us poor
Previous  1  2

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 12:16 pm
amother [ Tuberose ] wrote:
Another segula for parnassa is to not wear a wig. The Satmar community is evidence of this. Unfortunately, ladies avoid this at all possible costs because of vanity, job requirements in some frum communities, or wanting to fit in where they are living (esp. in Lakewood). But, if you still wish to wear a wig, make it no longer than shoulder length, synthetic only, and mark out the white line with a marker that is the same color of the wig (the "part") and of course, not a lace front. I'm turning off following topic, lol...

Other segulas (I know there is a lot, but find some that you can keep):

Say your brochas out loud, and answer AMEN to other's brochas

Recite 3 Tehillim after davening

Follow guidelines for tznius; clothing/dressing, guarding your eyes, avoid speech that uses slang or loshon hara, not secluding yourself with other gender--yichud, undressing/dressing only under covers or in the bathroom, keeping your hair covered at all times esp. in front of husband and children

Benching with kavana (after eating challah, matza in a meal)

Giving at least 10% to tzedakah from all income sources and giving tzedakah daily (even a few coins)

Feeding birds on Shabbos Shirah

Recite Parshas HaMon (The Chapter Manna found in most siddurim) recited on the Tuesday of the week during Parshas Beshalach

Tefillah recited from the Shelah before Rosh Chodesh Nissan

Reciting Tehillim 23, 104, 128, 145 daily or weekly

Reciting the Chapter of Manna daily after davening

Having a meal for Melava Malka every motzei Shabbos (before eating say, "This is for melava malkah"

Frying sufganiyot with lots and lots of oil during Chanukah

Taking challah and burning it completely before throwing it out (ask rav how to do it)

Baking Shlissel Challah after Pesach for the first Shabbos after Pesach

Burning the Lulav and Aravah in the fire of chometz on erev Pesach

Keeping a Whole Shmurah Matza in your house for the year and burning it in the fire of chometz the following year

Eating a little or some matza every meal on Shabbos

Always eating the third meal on Shabbos

Eating fish every meal on Shabbos, and some say having some meat with your third meal on Shabbos

Giving tzedakah to every single person who asks of you without fail (can just give them a quarter even)

Giving tzedakah before taking challah

Giving tzedakah before benching licht

Covering your table with two tablecloths (preferably white) for Shabbos and yom tov

Using first pressed kosher olive oil for some of your candles when you bench licht

Lighting candles after havdalah for melava malka (5 is the given...for Avraham Avinu, Yaacov Avinu, Yitzchak Avinu, Moshe Rabbeinu, Dovid HaMelech, Moshiach Tzidkeinu)

Those are all that I know of but I am sure there are others, lol!

Just curious. Do you do all this? Are you rich?

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 12:21 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I once asked this to Reb Gamaliel Rabinovitch. He said to mekabel shabbos 10 minutes early.

Hey I've been making nearly Shabbos for years and haven't gotten rich yet....

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 12:28 pm
Have you and your husband trained for careers ? Would it be possible to do that at this point or get some additional education ?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 6:10 pm
I was in your situation for many years. I’m sorry you’re experiencing this. It’s so painful.

At one point I demanded that DH go to a business coach and therapy. I knew that he was running his jobs/business in a less than optimal way due to his lack of confidence. It’s a few years later and we are not wealthy but we pay our bills easily and save for the future thank you Hashem!

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 6:31 pm
We do most of the segulos, and we, kah, have all our needs met, are able to give to many others, etc. We do not have debt out of control, have seen nissim in all corners of our life regarding having money when we "need it". We are not rich like driving a Bentley lol, but we live comfortable and without worry and have had no surprises in which we are left with no recourse to cover needed expenses, etc. I have many times been so surprised to have money come to us from places and situations I would have never expected.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics