Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Bringing baby to work for an hour

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:06 pm
My babysitter is starting late one day this week and my baby goes to a sitter near my school.
Is it unprofessional if I ask the principal if my baby can come to work with me for an hour?
Shes 17 months.

Im an OT. Ive seen that sometimes assistants/morahs/social workers have brought their babies with them

Chassidish school.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:09 pm
If others have done it, you can too. I think it's fine to ask.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:12 pm
Ooc what would you do with her during that time (that I imagine, you’d be working) ?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:15 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Ooc what would you do with her during that time (that I imagine, you’d be working) ?

What is OOC?
I would work in an empty classroom and hold her for two sessions while my students do the work. Or give her some cheerios or nosh to eat quietly on the floor

I only need to bring her for 2 sessions and then ill go and drop her off

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What is OOC?
I would work in an empty classroom and hold her for two sessions while my students do the work. Or give her some cheerios or nosh to eat quietly on the floor

I only need to bring her for 2 sessions and then ill go and drop her off

Out of curiosity

I think it really depends on how professional the school is. Honestly I’d be horrified if my kids OT brought her baby along but we are not Chasidish and not in a chsssidish school and may very well be community specific

amother
Sage

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My babysitter is starting late one day this week and my baby goes to a sitter near my school.
Is it unprofessional if I ask the principal if my baby can come to work with me for an hour?
Shes 17 months.

Im an OT. Ive seen that sometimes assistants/morahs/social workers have brought their babies with them

Chassidish school.

I am in the exact situation as you (we probably work together). Yes you can bring the baby as long as you ask permission first and tell them that if she's making any trouble or disrupting you will leave right away. I've done it and as soon as it's not working we leave.

amother
Currant

Post Sun, May 22 2022, 8:26 pm
In my kids schools, I have seen this done. Not regularly, but every so often as needed. The kids love it when the teacher/seit/therapist brings in a baby/toddler.

I don't think it's an issue (as long as it's not a regular thing and you can get the work done).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics