Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Grocery shopping with newborn
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:40 am
First baby so prob sounds dumb.

How??

I only have two hands...

I've been ordering online bec can't figure out how to do it myself

I tried once bringing her in her carseat and it took up 2/3 of the cart

Ema of 5

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:43 am
You can wear your baby, or you can use the basket of your stroller for smaller, more frequent trips to the store. You can also put your infant seat in the BACK of the shopping cart, and put groceries around it.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:44 am
Put the carseat in the front part of the wagon where you would put your kids when they can sit. Like that you have the entire wagon for your groceries. Also, the doona clicks into it and is a pretty safe option.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:48 am
ShishKabob wrote:
Put the carseat in the front part of the wagon where you would put your kids when they can sit. Like that you have the entire wagon for your groceries. Also, the doona clicks into it and is a pretty safe option.
don't do this. It can tip the cart.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:50 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
don't do this. It can tip the cart.
Where do you get that from? She's talking about a newborn. I don't think the wagon can tip at all. The carts where I go shopping are very very sturdy, it takes a lot of effort to tip it. Not even my kids standing on one side and climbing over the edge tips it. Have no idea why you would suggest this.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:50 am
ShishKabob wrote:

Please don’t do this! Even if you hear your car seat “click” on, it is not meant to be there, and the weight is distributed disproportionately, which can cause the cart to tip.

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:52 am
Wear the baby. Always worth having some kind of carrier or wrap for a newborn.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:53 am
ShishKabob wrote:
Where do you get that from? She's talking about a newborn. I don't think the wagon can tip at all. The carts where I go shopping are very very sturdy, it takes a lot of effort to tip it. Not even my kids standing on one side and climbing over the edge tips it. Have no idea why you would suggest this.

If you look at the warning label on the seat of shopping carts, many have a warning not to put an infant seat in the front. I don’t know why they all don’t.

mushkale

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:53 am
I put the carseat in the wagon, close the part where kids would sit if they were bigger and put a basket on top of the carseat/baby and it works pretty well. Bigger items- cereal boxes, 5 lbs of potatoes- go underneath the whole wagon. There's space there too.

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:54 am
I have recently discovered the joy of Target drive up and Walmart pickup. Order on the app. Go over there when it's ready and they load up your car. Best thing ever with a newborn.

mha3484

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:59 am
I hate putting the car seat on top because I cant see over it. Also agree that its not safe. I would put the carseat in the main basket and put the food all around. When I had one baby I didnt need that much food that it was fine. Now with a bigger family where the cart gets much fuller I go myself or with a big kid that needs some quality time.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 12:02 pm
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
If you look at the warning label on the seat of shopping carts, many have a warning not to put an infant seat in the front. I don’t know why they all don’t.
I never knew this. I'll look next time. Thank you

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 12:04 pm
Wear the baby

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 12:04 pm
My supermarket has these

https://www.google.com/search?.....qPJwM

I don’t know why they aren’t more popular.

In any case they grow FAST! In no time he/she will be sitting up in front. I miss those times!

amother
Hyacinth

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 12:05 pm
I push the stroller with my right hand and pull the shopping wagon behind me with my left hand. Yes it’s annoying but you get used to it.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 12:06 pm
Where I live (not the US) we have shopping carts that instead of a child seat, have a space to put a carseat instead.
Otherwise you just use your stroller with a basket or put the carseat in the main cart and put the food around the car seat.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 12:16 pm
If you have a bingo and Aldi, they have huge shopping carts that you can fit inside car seat and all food. They also have decent prices.

You can push you car seat into a snap n go or doona and a shopping cart simultaneously. I do that often since I take multiple kids and it's the only way I can shop.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 12:19 pm
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
I push the stroller with my right hand and pull the shopping wagon behind me with my left hand. Yes it’s annoying but you get used to it.

I do the same. It's exhausting though...

Iymnok

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 12:24 pm
Take a basket. Push the shopping cart to the end of the aisle. Go down the aisle with your baby in the stroller, come back and empty the basket into the cart. Repeat on the next aisle. I prefer a good baby wrap.

amother
Apple

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 12:36 pm
Do you have a snap n go with basket under? I don’t use a cart when I’m alone with baby. I take her in her car seat snapped onto snap n go and put my groceries underneath..obviously can’t do a whole stock up on groceries/and not too many heavy items. but def doable for a nice amount of items.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics