Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
A million little things, still like it?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 2:27 pm
I used to enjoy this show immensely. I liked the banter between friends. I liked all the topics they raised and discussed. It pulled me emotionally and was pleasing to the eye.
I liked it less when they brought in the whole race agenda, how cops are horrible and out to get black people, how America was built on racism yada yada.
I tolerated it though because I still liked the show.
I just finished watching the latest episode and I want to throw up.
Why do they need to bring in transgender?? Why?? I hate that they normalize it as if it's totally normal and ok for a young girl to decide she's a boy. And that the parents are the crazy ones for not willing to go along with it and how finally the father comes around to accept his now "son". I'm sorry this is just not ok. I know that the whole world is going in this direction but it's just horrible and makes me worry what kind of world my kids will have down the line.

Side point- it also makes it so difficult to find shows my teen and preteen kids can watch. Most recent shows have this garbage thrown in. I'm disgusted.

amother
Opal

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 3:26 pm
I feel like they are trying to hard and missing the mark . A Million Little Things In Current Events 🤷🏻‍♀️

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 4:13 pm
They are so “woke”. Every story line is updated to todays horrible issues.

zigi

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 4:42 pm
Who is transgender? I stopped watching last season I think. When he wound up in the wheel chair

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 4:48 pm
zigi wrote:
Who is transgender? I stopped watching last season I think. When he wound up in the wheel chair

Rome started teaching in his old school to fix all the racist issues he had with it when he was there. One of his white students whose parents are major donors of the school came out to Rome that she's really a boy (wants to be)...

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 4:49 pm
I know I was also really enjoying it. I still keep watching it for the good parts but it's just a little bit too woke for me.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 5:10 pm
I stopped watching after they started with BLM

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 5:27 pm
Thanks all I thought I was the only one disappointed with it.

Pooh

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 7:14 pm
I feel the same way. And unfortunately greys anatomy and station 19 are also on the same annoying agenda. We watch these shows to escape reality for a little bit and indulge in a fake story, we don’t need it to be parallel to the news headlines.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 7:29 pm
For this reason I started really appreciating all the old series.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:33 pm
Pooh wrote:
I feel the same way. And unfortunately greys anatomy and station 19 are also on the same annoying agenda. We watch these shows to escape reality for a little bit and indulge in a fake story, we don’t need it to be parallel to the news headlines.

Yep, both of those shows have become all but impossible to watch. I never got into A Million Little Things but I totally hear you.
RTA I just started watching The Rookie and so far I’m enjoying it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics