Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Why are air conditioners so expensive!
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:04 am
tysm everyone for making me feel better about the situation.
dh just started a new job, hopefully things will start to look up IYH!

thank you for the helpful links, and yes you are right about not getting 3.
we ended up putting that AC into the living room last night but it didnt reach our room or babys room. any other ideas of what to do or where to put it?

I dont think my baby would sleep well if we put her in our room but ill ask dh and maybe try that.

also good idea about fans.

and re the kind mother from lakewood, both dh and I work FT but ill try to see if I know or hear of anyone going to lakewood in the next few days!!!! tysm!

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
tysm everyone for making me feel better about the situation.
dh just started a new job, hopefully things will start to look up IYH!

thank you for the helpful links, and yes you are right about not getting 3.
we ended up putting that AC into the living room last night but it didnt reach our room or babys room. any other ideas of what to do or where to put it?

I dont think my baby would sleep well if we put her in our room but ill ask dh and maybe try that.

also good idea about fans.

and re the kind mother from lakewood, both dh and I work FT but ill try to see if I know or hear of anyone going to lakewood in the next few days!!!! tysm!

An air conditioner in the living room can’t cool the entire house. Depending in the unit itsekf it couid be inadequate for the living room areas.

The best would be to install in your bedroom because it is a self contained area. Why wouldn’t yiur baby be able to sleep in your bedroom. Many babies sleep in the same room as parents for the first months or year.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 1:53 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
An air conditioner in the living room can’t cool the entire house. Depending in the unit itsekf it couid be inadequate for the living room areas.

The best would be to install in your bedroom because it is a self contained area. Why wouldn’t yiur baby be able to sleep in your bedroom. Many babies sleep in the same room as parents for the first months or year.

thx. but how do I keep the living area cool especially on shabbos when were in this room most of the time?

the only room left in my bedroom is right under the window where the ac would go so I dont want my babys head to be under the ac. and I guess shes not so much a baby shes a year and a half but just started sleeping through the night I guess I would just put her in the bed with us instead of bringing her crib in bc it wont fit

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 1:59 pm
If this makes you feel any better a/c units in Israel starts at 600 dollars..
Hope you will manage to buy one soon and wishing you a cool summer.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 2:36 pm
I believe this works technically, but if any tech-savvy Imamothers can confirm, please do!

OP, can you create an Amazon wishlist with an AC that has the BTU that matches the square footage of the room? )Keep in mind that kitchens get hot and need more than what you’d figure from the square footage)

Then post the link to the wish list.

I won’t be able to see who you are. I’ll just see the link to the AC. I’ll be able to buy it on Amazon, and you’ll receive it. You won’t know who I am. IYH you’ll pay it forward one day!

PS I disagree with those of you saying that she should just get one in a 3 room apartment. Most likely, this is her first hot season in this apartment, and she’s used to living with ac, as are most folks in NY!

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 2:36 pm
Mi kaamcha Yisroel I am blown away

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 2:44 pm
You need another one for your room and a fan for the baby. If you put her to sleep in an undershirt on very hot days with a fan blowing lightly from the distance I’m sure she’ll be fine. Also if you leave your door open some of the cool air will circulate to her room. You don’t need an air conditioner for a baby’s room unless your baby is really not sleeping at night because of the heat. Most babies are really fine without ac.

ysydmom

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 2:47 pm
Please call Heap in New York they help with this they give a brand new air conditioner to low income households just google the info and apply.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics