Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Please help -Obgyn
Previous  1  2

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 3:43 pm
I use Drs Morgan (Steven and Ben) and I couldn’t be happier with them. They deliver in jersey shore

amother
NeonOrange

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 4:14 pm
amother [ Winterberry ] wrote:
Dr Zara Hazavei is a new doctor there who is really sweet

I also saw Dr Zara and she was so nice. And so was Katie! The other doctor I saw. Haven’t seen the others yet

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 4:31 pm
Oldest wrote:
That being said, Giovine himself is a fantastic dr but there is no guarantee that he will be the one to deliver you.n

I use dr. Giovene’s practice and have had him deliver 3/5 of my kids. I wonder if he spends more time in the hospital compared to other doctors in his practice that spend more time in the office doing regular appointments.
Although- when I was pregnant with my oldest there were 4 options of Doctor/midwives working there, and now there are 8. (I think!)

mommy2x

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 5:42 pm
Community hospital in Tom's River does have a nicu but a lower level one than Monmouth and RWJ. As far as I know, the nicu can stabilize and save any baby but can't keep every baby there long term (depends on the complication) and can be transferred to a higher level nicu if needed.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 5:57 pm
amother [ Winterberry ] wrote:
Dr Zara Hazavei is a new doctor there who is really sweet
Can you list the doctors they have now? I don’t even know this person they scheduled me with. I think Shirley something?

I’ve been going to generations for years and am not happy with how big they’ve gotten. I’d love to find a smaller practice like generations used to be.

amother
Buttercup

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 6:37 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I'm happy by Generations OBGYN - Dr Tal and Dr Roman

Same! And it's my first time giving birth in Lakewood iyh.

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 6:51 pm
First pregnancy here (due iyH in July) and using West Long Branch. I'm extremely happy with them and I find they have a pretty gentle, hands-off approach. Particularly love Dr. LoBraico. Not as much of a fan of Dr. Pompliano. But she's ok too.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:20 pm
mommy2x wrote:
Community hospital in Tom's River does have a nicu but a lower level one than Monmouth and RWJ. As far as I know, the nicu can stabilize and save any baby but can't keep every baby there long term (depends on the complication) and can be transferred to a higher level nicu if needed.

Yup. I love the practice. They have drs abd midwives.
I love Hadassah diamont

amother
Holly

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm new to lakewood.
A few months ago my neighbors were discussing OBs and they mentioned there a new one in town that delivers in toms river community hospital. He's supposed to be great. At the time it was not applicable to me so I don't remember who it was. Do any of you know who it could be?

Do you know of a good OB thats chilled and treats pregnancy as a healthy blessing and not a medical complication?

From the many ppl I know in lakewood most seem not to be too happy with their dr for some reason.
If you are happy please chime in and tell me who you use.
I'm around three months in and have still not seen a dr yet.

Thanks

I haven't found one in lakewood like that. I used a practice of midwives- not local though. If you're interested in traveling about an hour each way lmk and I'll post their practice

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:00 pm
amother [ Holly ] wrote:
I haven't found one in lakewood like that. I used a practice of midwives- not local though. If you're interested in traveling about an hour each way lmk and I'll post their practice

I’m interested. Thanks

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 10:06 pm
amother [ Hydrangea ] wrote:
Question about OGOA - does the doctor attend the birth, or just a midwife?

I think the midwife automatically goes but there is a dr on call if anything comes up during labor that he is needed for

sk2233

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 5:15 am
I feel a responsibility to respond to this post, as I myself used it when I was looking for a new OBGYN in NJ. I ended up going with RWJOBGYN - mostly seeing dr. Segal. Dr. Segal is a doll, no ego and genuinely cares. However he is not at all a high risk doctor, and I have seen several people on these forums say he is just like one. I had several complications at birth and he dealt with them as best as he could , but I would not recommend him if you are high risk or have anything unusual going on. With regards to every other doctor in this practice STAY FAR AWAY. I met with 3 others and they are so so patronizing and talk to you like you’re a child. They are also horribly negligent and I experienced serious malpractice from 2 of them during this pregnancy. (As a side note, the two doctors who did harm also had inflated egos and would not listen to me when I voiced concern) You can pm me and I’ll happily provide more details for you. RWJ hospital itself was a nice and convenient place to deliver however the anesthesiologists are absolutely horrific there both in their practice and bedside manner. I wish someone had told me the actual truth about this practice, as I have since heard from many women in my neighborhood the awful experiences they’ve also had there. I understand dr. Segal is super kind and approachable and even genuinely caring, but this is not enough when you (1) have to deal with anyone else on his staff (including btw the horrible office staff who couldn’t care less about the patients except to smirk at them behind their backs as I’ve witnessed personally and uncomfortably) and (2) you have any complication at all that would require some sort of medical creativity or decision making.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries