Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Ob/Gyn - OGOA?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 1:59 pm
I'm looking for an ob/gyn. Someone recommended Dr. Repole or Dr. Lehnes of Ocean Gyn. I have a very hard time switching doctors, so I would really appreciate feedback. Have you used this practice? Were you happy? Who would you recommend at the office? Did you use the Lakewood or Toms River office?

Or...is there another practice that you would recommend, possibly a high risk doctor.

Thanks for all the info

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 2:18 pm
RWJ is sorta high risk but doesn't take Jersey care, which insurance do you have?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 2:19 pm
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:
RWJ is sorta high risk but doesn't take Jersey care, which insurance do you have?

Seems insurance might be an issue Sad Amerigroup

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 2:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Seems insurance might be an issue Sad Amerigroup

Sorry! I don't know of any other high risk doctors, maybe change the title of your thread that you're looking for high risk doc on Jersey care

small bean

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 2:38 pm
I use ogoa, afaik they are not high risk. I love them and always had a good experience, 8 kids. Lakewood office.

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 2:39 pm
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:

sorry for hijacking, but whose the best doctor of this group? need someone on top of small details as well as a good surgeon.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 2:59 pm
I used OGOA. I saw almost all the doctors (and midwives) throughout my pregnancy and had the best experiences with Dr. Culbert and Dr. Cahill. Dr. Culbert really takes the time to listen to concerns and is very kind. They are not high risk. Had to see a separate high risk doctor for that but continued to see them for the regular stuff.

amother
Candycane

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 3:08 pm
I am happy as one can be at a jam packed Lakewood practice. They are relatively sweet and helpful. The waits and getting through to the office can be brutal.
They are definitely not high risk.

amother
Pansy

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:31 pm
How does it work with this practice? Is there always a doctor on call at the hospital for delivery or do the midwives deliver? Do you get to choose who you see at appointments?

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 10:33 pm
Midwives often deliver but there’s always a dr. On call in hospital in case needed
You can choose who to see at apt

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 11:44 pm
I used them for 5 babies, I second the vote for Dr. Culbert, but have used other Dr's. In the practice and always felt respected. The midwives were so so amazing!!! One caution though is that they deliver in community hospital which doesn't have adequate high level care for babies born with any complications. I had to switch hospitals right after my baby's birth

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 4:44 pm
Anything I should know before scheduling an app. Here.
I have used to the BP midwives before, anyone know how they compare?

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 1:12 pm
They are sending me to an mfm for my 20 week sonogram.

Is this the usual or should I be concerned?

And anyone know what to expect there?
Full checkup? Or only a sonogram?

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 1:22 pm
I don't know if it's the usual but they also me somewhere else for 20 week sonogram.
It was just for a sonogram.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 1:24 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
I don't know if it's the usual but they also me somewhere else for 20 week sonogram.
It was just for a sonogram.

Thanks.
She said its bec. Im old,

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 1:34 pm
It was a few years ago but I think it was just the sonogram. No bloodwork.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 1:36 pm
I’ve been to many dif practices over the years in Lakewood (BH I have lots of kids)
I most recently switched to OGOA for some post birth complications. I was referred to Dr Culbert, so only used him.
What should I say? Wow! Kind, knowledgeable, gentle, supportive, medically excellent, calm.
I never delivered with them, as I said, it was post birth.
I will say that if there is anything wrong with the baby CV Community Hospital is not the place you want to be. So keep that in mind
I was there multiple times and wait times were short..like under ten min.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries