Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Depp v Heard
  Previous  1  2  3 33  34  35 38  39  40  Next

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 5:19 pm
chocpretzel wrote:
Asking out of genuine curiosity: for those that are team amber, how do you explain the recording of her mocking Johnny that no one would believe he is a victim of abuse? Also, if Johnny was really the abuser, why would he repeatedly try to bring this to court to prove his innocence? He sued in UK and lost. He appealed in UK but was denied. And now he is at it again. Would he really be putting so much money and effort trying to fight so hard for untruth? And without enough damaging evidence?

If my abuser would claim to take me to court for being abusive I would also start laughing.

I believe Johnny was drunk and high and either really believes he is innocent, because he doesn’t remember, or he just wants to hurt her and ruin her to the core.
He might also be cocky and full of himself and think he could fool the judges.
There are many reasons.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 5:23 pm
The lawsuit is clearly an attempt to exercise power over her, whether it's as revenge or as an extension of abuse.

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 5:33 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Only on this site I see people supporting amber

Because on this site most people haven't heard of them before the trial.
In the secular world Johnny Depp has a lot more fans than Amber. Being that he has starred in more movies for a longer time etc.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 5:36 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
The lawsuit is clearly an attempt to exercise power over her, whether it's as revenge or as an extension of abuse.

I see it as a broken, self-hating, and abused man finally finding it in himself to love himself and stand up to someone who was horrible to him.

number

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 5:41 pm
chocpretzel wrote:
Asking out of genuine curiosity: for those that are team amber, how do you explain the recording of her mocking Johnny that no one would believe he is a victim of abuse? Also, if Johnny was really the abuser, why would he repeatedly try to bring this to court to prove his innocence? He sued in UK and lost. He appealed in UK but was denied. And now he is at it again. Would he really be putting so much money and effort trying to fight so hard for untruth? And without enough damaging evidence?
Did you know a big part of why he lost the sun case is because the judge said Heard donated the $7m settlement so she didn’t have any motive to lie about him. Meanwhile she kept the $7m Can't Believe It I hope that case gets revisited now that the truth about the money has come out.

number

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 5:42 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
Because on this site most people haven't heard of them before the trial.
In the secular world Johnny Depp has a lot more fans than Amber. Being that he has starred in more movies for a longer time etc.
That’s not the reason at all. Before this case most people sided with Heard even though they preferred Depp as an actor.

number

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 6:36 pm
Chanley Shá Painter
@ChanleyCourtTV

#KateMoss will testify for #JohnnyDepp rebuttal case Wednesday via video link

Other EXPECTED witnesses for #JohnnyDepp's rebuttal include:

-Dr. Richard Shaw (live)
-Dr. Kimberly Collins (live) – forensic pathologist
-Candie Davidson-Goldbronn (deposition) – representative for the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles (CHLA)

Depp's team could also call:

- Morgan Night (live) - witness of the "Hicksville" incident
- Dr. David A. Kulber (live) - hand doctor of Mr. Depp
- Bryan Neumeister (live) – metadata expert
- Morgan Tremaine (live)
- Lydia Fillip (via video link) – flight attendant

AND FINALLY, LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

Dr. Shannon Curry (live) – forensic psychologist

honeymoon

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:04 pm
From what I have noticed, the people supporting Heard are those who have experienced abuse at the hands of their husbands. It's understandable as they possibly feel that Depp's downfall will be a healing moment for them. But they are not looking at the case from an unbiased perspective.

Many people have never heard of either of them. I know I haven't, until I randomly clicked on a live video of the court proceedings on you-tube and got hooked. Initially, being a woman I was inclined to support Heard. But after watching the lives for hours I changed my mind. It's not about supporting either of them as both of them are products of Hollywood and as such, they are hardly my role models. It's not only fans believing Depp, though we won't ever know the whole truth.

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:13 pm
number wrote:
Chanley Shá Painter
@ChanleyCourtTV

#KateMoss will testify for #JohnnyDepp rebuttal case Wednesday via video link

Other EXPECTED witnesses for #JohnnyDepp's rebuttal include:

-Dr. Richard Shaw (live)
-Dr. Kimberly Collins (live) – forensic pathologist
-Candie Davidson-Goldbronn (deposition) – representative for the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles (CHLA)

Depp's team could also call:

- Morgan Night (live) - witness of the "Hicksville" incident
- Dr. David A. Kulber (live) - hand doctor of Mr. Depp
- Bryan Neumeister (live) – metadata expert
- Morgan Tremaine (live)
- Lydia Fillip (via video link) – flight attendant

AND FINALLY, LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

Dr. Shannon Curry (live) – forensic psychologist

So Jennifer howell won't testify after all?

And amber's team running out of time won't be in favor for them.

Just wondering if they can still cross examine if they're out of time

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:16 pm
honeymoon wrote:
From what I have noticed, the people supporting Heard are those who have experienced abuse at the hands of their husbands. It's understandable as they possibly feel that Depp's downfall will be a healing moment for them. But they are not looking at the case from an unbiased perspective.

Many people have never heard of either of them. I know I haven't, until I randomly clicked on a live video of the court proceedings on you-tube and got hooked. Initially, being a woman I was inclined to support Heard. But after watching the lives for hours I changed my mind. It's not about supporting either of them as both of them are products of Hollywood and as such, they are hardly my role models. It's not only fans believing Depp, though we won't ever know the whole truth.

Yes,I was abused by my ex husband and felt my trauma replaying when I heard ambers being on the stand.

I got triggered so much that I told a relations trauma therapist how traumatized I am after listening to amber saying all the s-xual assaults she's been through and felt I can so relate to her being abused

honeymoon

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:19 pm
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
Yes,I was abused by my ex husband and felt my trauma replaying when I heard ambers being on the stand.

I got triggered so much that I told a relations trauma therapist how traumatized I am after listening to amber saying all the s-xual assaults she's been through and felt I can so relate to her being abused

I'm truly sorry for what you endured. Just keep in mind that not everyone views it from the lens of an abused woman so our opinions may be different. Nobody is invalidating your terrible experience by rooting for Depp. We're just drawing different conclusion based on the evidence we are seeing.

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:22 pm
Why is imamother so intrigued by this case?

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:32 pm
honeymoon wrote:
I'm truly sorry for what you endured. Just keep in mind that not everyone views it from the lens of an abused woman so our opinions may be different. Nobody is invalidating your terrible experience by rooting for Depp. We're just drawing different conclusion based on the evidence we are seeing.

You're a level headed poster who might draw your conclusion based on the evidence you see or hear. But many of his fans believe that all ambers witnesses and lawyers are liars and all from depps side is the truth only.

I'm not denying that they're both Hollywood stars which had a toxic relationship and just airing all the dirty laundry they have in this trial.

I believe they were abusive to each other but my life experience makes me feel that amber is saying the truth and was abused especially if Johnny was much older then she was with much more power and $

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:33 pm
So Jennifer howell won't testify after all?

And amber's team running out of time won't be in favor for them.

Just wondering if they can still cross examine if they're out of time

They CAN NOT cross examine if they're out of time. And after tomorrow, they will be out of time, giving Depp's team a huge advantage--two plus days of uninterrupted witness after witness.

Heard's team has a bit over 4 hours left, Depp's team has almost 16 hours. Heard's team isn't going to start tomorrow by resting their case; they're going to call a witness. They're 4 hours are going to for sure be spent tomorrow.

As far as I can tell, it's major mismanagement. For example, with each of their expert witnesses they spent close to 15 minutes today (each!!) proving their credentials and education. They didn't need that long, at all. The endless depositions of the past few court days were also too much.

So after tomorrow, they're out of time and Depp's team has a minimum of 10 solid hours. It's going to be interesting...

amother
Navy

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:39 pm
but my life experience makes me feel that amber is saying the truth and was abused especially if Johnny was much older then she was with much more power and $

What if she married him for the $$. Planning to make him look bad and get out with a big pay day settlement and leads in Hollywood.
I have no way to know if this true or not. But it’s not like it would be the first time ppl used ‘love’ to get ahead.

Do you think she really loved him being so much older then her?

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:50 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
What if she married him for the $$. Planning to make him look bad and get out with a big pay day settlement and leads in Hollywood.
I have no way to know if this true or not. But it’s not like it would be the first time ppl used ‘love’ to get ahead.

Do you think she really loved him being so much older then her?

He definitely loved her despite being so much younger.

He was exposed to many stars and still decided to marry her after divorcing moss

honeymoon

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 8:52 pm
You're a level headed poster who might draw your conclusion based on the evidence you see or hear. But many of his fans believe that all ambers witnesses and lawyers are liars and all from depps side is the truth only.

I'm not denying that they're both Hollywood stars which had a toxic relationship and just airing all the dirty laundry they have in this trial.

I believe they were abusive to each other but my life experience makes me feel that amber is saying the truth and was abused especially if Johnny was much older then she was with much more power and $

I feel differently but only time will tell.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:00 pm
He definitely loved her despite being so much younger.

He was exposed to many stars and still decided to marry her after divorcing moss

It’s easier to fall in love someone much younger then older. You can understand his point of view easier then hers in getting married.

She is obviously a good liar. until now everyone believed she wanted no money from Depp and donated most of the cash settlement to abused women and sick children. Now we know that was all a lie. But everyone believed it. Even the courts.

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, May 23 2022, 9:21 pm
Not every abused woman believes amber in fact some see through her as clearly as glass all the more so

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 2:19 am
I just need to say that the psychiatrist Dr. Spiegel is providing terrific free education for the general public about trauma and its impact!
Page 34 of 40   Previous  1  2  3 33  34  35 38  39  40  Next Recent Topics