Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Is it normal that I’m married for 20 years and I never
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 12:35 am
bought toilet paper!!!
Only tissue boxes
We don’t have toilet paper holders in the bathrooms and it never bothered me enough to have them installed.
Also I like tissues more. They are thicker…I don’t really care for thin toilet paper (ok… I know there are a few thicker brands..) and I don’t care to have to cut pieces when tissues are ready to use. I’m not even sure if my kids know how to use toilet paper 🙈

I put this under entertainment because I couldn’t be anonymous in the household management section
Besides it might be a little entertaining for some…

amother
Black

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 12:39 am
Great, another thing I'm going to need to put on my Shidduch Research Questions list...

Now my poor son is going to need to buy his wife expensive tissues instead of nice cheap toilet paper? And then my DIL will come to my house and post sobbing on Imamother that her horrible MIL doesn't have good tissues in the bathroom?

I think I'm going to have to write an anonymous poem to put up in grocery stores about how tissues instead of toilet paper brings up inappropriate thoughts in otherwise holy males. That should fix things.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 6:54 am
You never have plumbing issues? I'm assuming you don't live in Israel where tissues block the drains... Make sure they're flushable or might not be so good for the environment!

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:08 am
I think it’s okay. My husband prefers tissues to toilet paper so I buy tissues often and I rarely buy toilet paper.

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:11 am
Your abusive to ur kids!! Ur not letting them have the entertainment of unrolling the toilet paper down the hallway! This is definitely something to write on the shidduch resume since it can effect them emotionally.

one happy mommy

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:13 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
You never have plumbing issues? I'm assuming you don't live in Israel where tissues block the drains... Make sure they're flushable or might not be so good for the environment!

only wipes clog the drains, regular tissues don't

Not_in_my_town

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:15 am
When I first became frum I was flabbergasted by the tissues-in-the-bathroom situation. It took me a while to realize that people used tissue on Shabbos instead of tearing up toilet paper... It was shocking to realize that people lived without Charmin!

After 14 years of marriage I can now look back and say I've never bought a roll of toilet paper.
I guess I qualify as fully frum. Smile Tongue Out

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:15 am
I'm really surprised you haven't ruined your plumbing this way. I used to buy tissues for shabbos and it caused some very expensive problems, plumber advised never ever flush tissues (or wipes. Or anything that isn’t tp), so we started pre ripping toilet paper instead.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:16 am
leebs wrote:
only wipes clog the drains, regular tissues don't

Toilet paper is made to dissolve quickly. Tissues aren’t. Especially the nicer thicker tissues.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:16 am

I live in Israel and my drain is fine even though we only use tissues

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:23 am
Ive lived in israel almost 20 years. Literally never had an issue with flushing tissues.

Op,,we dont have toilet paper holders either, but we buy toilet paper Smile
We just put it on the sink.

one happy mommy

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:26 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Ive lived in israel almost 20 years. Literally never had an issue with flushing tissues.

Op,,we dont have toilet paper holders either, but we buy toilet paper Smile
We just put it on the sink.

same here. regarding the toilet paper holders, you don't need to install them, we use ones thet stand on the floor

naomi2

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:35 am
amother [ Offwhite ] wrote:
I'm really surprised you haven't ruined your plumbing this way. I used to buy tissues for shabbos and it caused some very expensive problems, plumber advised never ever flush tissues (or wipes. Or anything that isn’t tp), so we started pre ripping toilet paper instead.

Same, I almost never buy tissue

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:38 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I live in Israel and my drain is fine even though we only use tissues

Probably also because Israeli tissue is thinner

amother
Holly

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:39 am
Married 11 years, never bought toilet paper, only use tissues as well

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:43 am
I didn't buy toilet paper for many years cause my kids have a genetic disposition to identifying toilet paper as a "fun". From the age they start crawling they love unrolling toilet paper and stuffing the toilet. When we'd go away on vacation I'd have to make sure the bathroom door was closed at all times or inevitably we'd have to deal with the embarrassment of calling the front desk to report out stuffed toilet. My youngest is now 11 and I recently started buying toilet paper again.

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:45 am
Married 12 years and I never either bought toilet paper ! We have lived with kleenex tissues only !!! My kids don't know what toilet paper is !

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:06 am
amother [ Candycane ] wrote:
Married 12 years and I never either bought toilet paper ! We have lived with kleenex tissues only !!! My kids don't know what toilet paper is !

I’m sure they’ve seen TP at school or at family and friends houses

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:20 am
I hate toilet paper! It's too thin which can lead to....problems. I rarely have plumbing issues and every few years even when I do, I'll gladly call a plumber every so often so that I can continue using tissues.

amother
Sand

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:23 am
I’ve never heard of not buying toilet paper but whatever.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics