Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
“A Mother is Forever” Her Impact Is Felt For Generations

Yael

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 1:04 pm
We were newlyweds and my all-of-three-weeks-husband stopped to watch me fold the laundry.

“That’s interesting,” he mused, “my mother does it so differently...”

And I shrugged, the ever-wise wife and answered “I dunno… this is just how my mother does it!”

Then came Wednesday. And Wednesday means milchigs.

“Milchigs?” he asked when he came through the door. “What a surprise! By us Milchigs is totally Thursdays.”

And I laughed, the ever-wise wife and said, “well… I guess that’s just how my mother does it!”

Because that’s how her mother did it.

And her mother before that.

“A mother is forever” as the saying goes. And it couldn’t be more true. Because a mother’s deeds, actions and thoughts, (however minor,) carry on for generations - literally!

THE JEWISH MOTHER.

“The role of a Jewish mother is larger than life,” says Rabbi Yaacov Goodman CEO and Founder of EPIC Families formerly Yedidim. “And in today's busy, busy world, not all mothers are aware of the power they hold.”

In his work helping children and teens navigate through the rough patches of their lives in Israel, Rabbi Goodman knows firsthand just how much a mother can impact her children.

Rachel’s Story:

Not all children were made for the school system and Rachel seemed to be one of those.

An extremely introverted child by nature, Rachel was not only doing poorly in the social scene, but academically as well. One by one, the staff were throwing up their hands in defeat, but Rachel’s mother, who was receiving guidance from the EPIC parenting program, was not giving up so easily. Every day, when Rachel would come through the door, she was greeted with the widest grin.

“Rachel, you’re finally here! The younger kids are waiting for you and this cake needs your magic. I don’t know how this home would run without you, Rachel!”

Day after day, Rachel’s mother would inject the attitude that there was just no one like Rachel

when it came to managing the younger children and cooking up the best meals. If Rachel was not a success in school, at home she was the star!

And eventually the message went in. Today Rachel is happily married, runs a popular gan and, as if by way of prophecy, she is sought-after in her neighborhood for her child-rearing advice.

A mother is forever. And her impact lasts for generations - literally!

EMPOWERED! A Global Parenting Summit

“One of a mother’s greatest strengths is her natural intuition and emotional understanding. But in her hectic life, she is not alway able to tune into her strengths when she needs it most,” says Mrs Labell, director of the girl mentoring program at EPIC.

With the creation of Empowered!, The Global Parenting Summit scheduled to take place on the 29th of May 2022, parents everywhere will now have the chance to pause, reflect and rejuvenate their parenting roles together.

As a mother, we invite you to join us for Empowered! and to regain an appreciation for the power you hold. You can sign up for the event here.

Participants are also being encouraged to submit their pressing parenting questions before the event for a chance to be answered on the day.

Sponsored Post
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics