Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Depp v Heard
  Previous  1  2  3 36  37 38  39  40  Next

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:05 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I see.
From the little bit that I read I realized that theyre both utterly disgusting human beings.

But thanks for explaining.

I hear you. It’s a side point here. There is someone who ruined another persons life. And that someone was brought to her knees.

That having been said, we all have good and bad within us. As long as you pursue kindness ur good.
AFAIK and heard, she pursues cruelty and he pursues well uhhhh coke and stuff but hey maybe also truth?

Cruelty is the only contradiction to a pursuit of making this world a better place. Cruelty is the SINGLE opposition. Everything else is a hindrance.

honeymoon

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:39 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Stop discounting abused women and invalidating their ability to understand abuse.

The poster you’re responding to is sharing her perspective. You’re invalidating hers.

Seriously? Where did you see me discounting abused women and invalidating anything about them? I legit went back to my posts to see where I may have implied anything like that and I'm wondering what about my post brought you to that conclusion.

I know that the poster is sharing her perspective. That was exactly the premise of my post. Invalidating her? Ok, I rest my case.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:45 pm
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
Yes,I was abused by my ex husband and felt my trauma replaying when I heard ambers being on the stand.

I got triggered so much that I told a relations trauma therapist how traumatized I am after listening to amber saying all the s-xual assaults she's been through and felt I can so relate to her being abused

Explain this. Your words; ‘yes I was abused…felt my trauma when I heard amber’.

Ok.
You heard the recordings? How she said ‘sorry I hit u and didn’t hit harder’. Or ‘they won’t believe u’.
And still you say ‘I felt her trauma replaying mine"?

Really?

There is a struggle here to understand the opinion and argument you are attempting to convey here.

Wink

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:45 pm
honeymoon wrote:
Seriously? Where did you see me discounting abused women and invalidating anything about them? I legit went back to my posts to see where I may have implied anything like that and I'm wondering what about my post brought you to that conclusion.

I know that the poster is sharing her perspective. That was exactly the premise of my post. Invalidating her? Ok, I rest my case.

Yes, seriously.

In multiple posts, you communicated that if a woman has been abused, she can't be unbiased. She can't see what's really going on. Her perspective is invalid to some extent.

It's akin to mansplaining, really.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:47 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Yes, seriously.

In multiple posts, you communicated that if a woman has been abused, she can't be unbiased. She can't see what's really going on. Her perspective is invalid to some extent.

It's akin to mansplaining, really.

Can you quote back please where you saw that in her posts? I frankly did not get that at all.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:50 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Can you quote back please where you saw that in her posts? I frankly did not get that at all.

If you are reading her posts differently than I, then my copying and pasting them again won't change your perspective. So, no, I'm not willing to do that. Seems like waste of time for both of us.

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:52 pm

Ok.
You heard the recordings? How she said ‘sorry I hit u and didn’t hit harder’. Or ‘they won’t believe u’.

Really?

There is a struggle here to understand the opinion and argument you are attempting to convey here.

Wink

Yes. I still stand with what I said that I felt the trauma replaying when listening to amber.

Don't think you want to understand so I won't care to explain.

Just as a side note,the relations trauma therapist I shared my being traumatized very much understood to what I was saying in reference to this case

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:56 pm
I will tell you. And spreading the words below will make this world a better place.

The agony that victims of hidden abuse go through at the hands of cruel humans who hide to the public behind cloaks of ‘I am kindness itself in pure sheer form and it was I who was abused’ is not able to be put into words. This is truth coming out. Truth is all we got. May it win.

Nuff said. Signed survivor. And winner.

Yes exactly this word for word - same

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:58 pm
Yes. I still stand with what I said that I felt the trauma replaying when listening to amber.

Just as a side note,the relations trauma therapist I shared my being traumatized very much understood to what I was saying in reference to this case

I’ll throw that right back at you.

You heard her say ‘sorry I hit u and did t hit harder. Ur a baby. No one will blv u’ and still.

IndianRed- your posts portray a refusal to weigh the arguments of these raw recordings into your posts. I rest my case. Taking a bow with a flourish. Enjoy!

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 10:09 pm
I’ll throw that right back at you.

You heard her say ‘sorry I hit u and did t hit harder. Ur a baby. No one will blv u’ and still.

IndianRed- your posts portray a refusal to weigh the arguments of these raw recordings into your posts. I rest my case. Taking a bow with a flourish. Enjoy!

You can throw whatever you want to me.

And yes,I did listen to these recordings but still find Johnny to be the abuser.

Your life experience may be different then mines so you voice your opinion and I said mine.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 10:15 pm

Ok.

Really?

Wink

Or ' I didn't punch you, I hit you' 🙄

Or ' Noone would believe your being abused because you a man's'

Her we go, she doesn't believe him because his a man.

number

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 10:18 pm

Her testimony is triggering because she is describing abuse. It doesn’t mean her testimony is true. But it’s triggering either way. Many channels were adding trigger warnings when she testified.

number

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 10:21 pm
DUI guy is live now. He was in the courtroom today.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 10:56 pm
You can throw whatever you want to me.

And yes,I did listen to these recordings but still find Johnny to be the abuser.

Your life experience may be different then mines so you voice your opinion and I said mine.

IndianRed, unless someone has actually experienced abuse, they won't understand. Please don't spend time and energy trying to explain yourself. I believe you and I know exactly what you're talking about. Depp's cold-hearted lack of empathy is triggering for me too.

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 11:00 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
IndianRed, unless someone has actually experienced abuse, they won't understand. Please don't spend time and energy trying to explain yourself. I believe you and I know exactly what you're talking about. Depp's cold-hearted lack of empathy is triggering for me too.

Thank you for speaking up the those who were abused.

I greatly appreciate your post!

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:01 am
I happen to agree with sienna that some posters might be insensitive because they're clueless to what abuse is and part of a 34 page thread you can expect that some posters might offer support.

We're fellow sisters

I didn't finish reading this thread but I'm a victim of abuse at the hands of multiple men over the course of my life. I almost always side with women. Amber Heard triggers me and reminds me of narcissistic abusers. At this point I can't stand her.

The way she retells her story, with her eyes wide open, staring at the jury while she's tearlessly "crying" to see if they're buying her lies, instead of looking inward as if she's reliving a memory. She's an exploitative bully. She realised there were people like us who experienced abuse and saw it as a money making opportunity when divorcing Johnny. That wasn't enough so when the metoo movement came out, she decided to capitalise on that too (after she got her divorce settlement). She's the worst thing that happened to abused women no matter how the jury votes, because she is now responsible for making more people doubt women.

There are multiple recordings where Johnny is trying to get away from her and she's begging for him to stick around. She's yelling at him that he needs to stay and fight her. She's literally saying why can't you stay and fight likea normal couple why do you need to run away. She's not saying "why can't we discuss this like a normal couple " she's saying why can't you stay and fight me. This is what she thrives on. She admits to hitting Johnny in the audio, making fun of him for being upset, saying she only hit him she didn't punch him, calling him a baby.

I'm not even going to get into how ludicrous her testimony was in light of the "evidence" that she showed. She's a narcissist who thinks she's smarter than everyone else. What else gives her the confidence to sit on the stand and say she already donated something because she pledged it. (Btw a pledge is not legally enforceable, and she refused to even sign a pledge card, not that it would've mattered.) She lied on TV and in court, telling people she donated all the money when she only made the pledge and never actually fulfilled it. Then like a typical gaslighter, she blames her victim for suing her and that's why she can't afford it. Even though thirteen months passed between the time she got the full settlement money and he then sued her. How do you explain all of this? She's so clearly a liar who exploits victims. She exploits charities when it suits her.

Meanwhile, I can count at least four different people off the top of my head with whom she's alleged to have had a physical altercation with in the past few years. Her ex-wife (per police witness, before anything ever happened with JD), her sister (per sister's former best friend who signed an affidavit referencing a violent altercation and that Whitney is terrified of Amber), Johnny (per Amber's own admission), her ex-best friend Rocky (who testified on Amber's defence, but is no longer speaking to Amber following a physical altercation they had.) And by the way, IO, her other ex best friend witness, is also no longer speaking to her, although he have no reason afaik.

I don't need to even get into whose fault blah blah blah for all those allegations. It's simply not typical or normal for an adult - man or woman - to be involved in physical altercations with four different people in their adult life. How many physical altercations have you gotten into as an adult? To be clear, I've gotten punched in the face by a man that broke my nose, (got a police report, they took pictures and I had physical evidence to show it) but I didn't get into a "fight" with this man. I have never once been accused of physically assaulting anyone in my adult life, much less for four different instances. They fact that she has been accused of that is a million red flags.

Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, not here or online, so I'll say: she mentioned in her testimony that the best times in her relationship were when neither of them had to travel for work and they got to spend time together. That's not consistent with abuse victims and jumped out at me (among a million other things). When you're actually scared of being abused, the best times in your relationship is when your abuser isn't home and you can breathe for a few minutes without fear of being physically assaulted. What she's saying though was consistent with her bpd diagnosis and the audio recordings. She never wanted to let him leave and would get violent when he did. Her favourite time was with him, because she's the abuser, not the victim. The victim doesn't enjoy the time, and even to the extent that they did at points in the circle of violence, they don't look back fondly years later, when they've escaped and say "my favourite times were when we weren't travelling and got to spend time together." She's simply a liar and she thinks everyone is dumb enough to believe her.

Her side is bombing because the facts and evidence don't match her stories. That doesn't mean they'll win because defamation is hard to prove, but her actual case just hasn't done anything to make her look good, least of all her testimony.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:04 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:

I've experienced it and I disagree with IndianRed. Do I pass the "test"? This is ridiculous. I've never whipped out my abuse as a card to tell other people that they're not capable of forming their own intelligent opinions on something. In fact, I see Amber as the abuser and I'm wondering why some posters here relate to her, if you want to know how I'm triggered by all this.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 7:11 am
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
I didn't finish reading this thread but I'm a victim of abuse at the hands of multiple men over the course of my life. I almost always side with women. Amber Heard triggers me and reminds me of narcissistic abusers. At this point I can't stand her.

The way she retells her story, with her eyes wide open, staring at the jury while she's tearlessly "crying" to see if they're buying her lies, instead of looking inward as if she's reliving a memory. She's an exploitative bully. She realised there were people like us who experienced abuse and saw it as a money making opportunity when divorcing Johnny. That wasn't enough so when the metoo movement came out, she decided to capitalise on that too (after she got her divorce settlement). She's the worst thing that happened to abused women no matter how the jury votes, because she is now responsible for making more people doubt women.

There are multiple recordings where Johnny is trying to get away from her and she's begging for him to stick around. She's yelling at him that he needs to stay and fight her. She's literally saying why can't you stay and fight likea normal couple why do you need to run away. She's not saying "why can't we discuss this like a normal couple " she's saying why can't you stay and fight me. This is what she thrives on. She admits to hitting Johnny in the audio, making fun of him for being upset, saying she only hit him she didn't punch him, calling him a baby.

I'm not even going to get into how ludicrous her testimony was in light of the "evidence" that she showed. She's a narcissist who thinks she's smarter than everyone else. What else gives her the confidence to sit on the stand and say she already donated something because she pledged it. (Btw a pledge is not legally enforceable, and she refused to even sign a pledge card, not that it would've mattered.) She lied on TV and in court, telling people she donated all the money when she only made the pledge and never actually fulfilled it. Then like a typical gaslighter, she blames her victim for suing her and that's why she can't afford it. Even though thirteen months passed between the time she got the full settlement money and he then sued her. How do you explain all of this? She's so clearly a liar who exploits victims. She exploits charities when it suits her.

Meanwhile, I can count at least four different people off the top of my head with whom she's alleged to have had a physical altercation with in the past few years. Her ex-wife (per police witness, before anything ever happened with JD), her sister (per sister's former best friend who signed an affidavit referencing a violent altercation and that Whitney is terrified of Amber), Johnny (per Amber's own admission), her ex-best friend Rocky (who testified on Amber's defence, but is no longer speaking to Amber following a physical altercation they had.) And by the way, IO, her other ex best friend witness, is also no longer speaking to her, although he have no reason afaik.

I don't need to even get into whose fault blah blah blah for all those allegations. It's simply not typical or normal for an adult - man or woman - to be involved in physical altercations with four different people in their adult life. How many physical altercations have you gotten into as an adult? To be clear, I've gotten punched in the face by a man that broke my nose, (got a police report, they took pictures and I had physical evidence to show it) but I didn't get into a "fight" with this man. I have never once been accused of physically assaulting anyone in my adult life, much less for four different instances. They fact that she has been accused of that is a million red flags.

Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, not here or online, so I'll say: she mentioned in her testimony that the best times in her relationship were when neither of them had to travel for work and they got to spend time together. That's not consistent with abuse victims and jumped out at me (among a million other things). When you're actually scared of being abused, the best times in your relationship is when your abuser isn't home and you can breathe for a few minutes without fear of being physically assaulted. What she's saying though was consistent with her bpd diagnosis and the audio recordings. She never wanted to let him leave and would get violent when he did. Her favourite time was with him, because she's the abuser, not the victim. The victim doesn't enjoy the time, and even to the extent that they did at points in the circle of violence, they don't look back fondly years later, when they've escaped and say "my favourite times were when we weren't travelling and got to spend time together." She's simply a liar and she thinks everyone is dumb enough to believe her.

Her side is bombing because the facts and evidence don't match her stories. That doesn't mean they'll win because defamation is hard to prove, but her actual case just hasn't done anything to make her look good, least of all her testimony.

This post is great. Although I don't think he was abused either. I think they both thrived off the toxicity.

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 8:04 am
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:

I won't bother again to repeat what I already said upthread.
We might've been both abused but no 2 people's abuse lives are the same.

I still stand that Johnny was the abuser based on my life experience.

He behaves the same way my ex did.

And btw, the short period that my ex wasn't as abusive I was very happy to spend time around him so I can very much relate to what amber said

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 8:16 am
I won't bother again to repeat what I already said upthread.
We might've been both abused but no 2 people's abuse lives are the same.

I still stand that Johnny was the abuser based on my life experience.

He behaves the same way my ex did.

And btw, the short period that my ex wasn't as abusive I was very happy to spend time with him around him so can relate to what amber said

Yep. Mintgreen have you been in a relationship with a NARCISSIST? Most abuse victims are well aware of the CYCLE of abuse that they are living in. Of course there are good times, this is what keeps the relationship together and the victim hoping and believing that it will get better.
Page 37 of 40   Previous  1  2  3 36  37 38  39  40  Next Recent Topics