Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
I got an Intima brand bra at Saposh, Im wondering

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 27 2022, 9:11 am
I never got as uncomfortable a bra in my life.

I doubt Saposh will do anything for me.

What are others experiences of Intima brand bras?

I keep on trying to wear it and get used to it, and I washed it to try to soften it, but it feels stiff and uncomfortable.

Ive never had that with any bra before.

Ill probably donate it.

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Feb 27 2022, 9:23 am
I had a similar problem with a bra from saposh. I went back after wearing the bra for a few days and worked the the owner (?) Shifra, from advice on imamother. She tried altering it, I wore it for a couple more days, still hated it, and she replaced it with a brand new one from a different company that fit properly. So it's definitely worth going back and asking for help.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 27 2022, 9:42 am
Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 12:50 am
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
I had a similar problem with a bra from saposh. I went back after wearing the bra for a few days and worked the the owner (?) Shifra, from advice on imamother. She tried altering it, I wore it for a couple more days, still hated it, and she replaced it with a brand new one from a different company that fit properly. So it's definitely worth going back and asking for help.

Owner's relative looked at me like I was off the wall to even think that theyd do anything for me, after I showed the bra and it was clearly brand new looking because I hate wearing it. I said Ive never had as uncomfortable bra in my life.

Owner's relative said "This is not the most comfortable bra, but you should have realized it when you tried it", "Sorry you tried it on here, and you should have realized when you were buying it, that its uncomfortable. We never ever offer returns or even anything towards a new bra, once you pay and walk out of the store".

I actually bought a new bra there today, and Im kicking myself. She was nasty. She could have said the same thing nicely. I never complained about anything before, so its not like Im an annoying customer.

a2z

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 1:23 am
I'm sorry for you, maybe you should have asked for the owner?
From my experience she's a real mentch

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 3:25 am
A bunch of years ago I bought a few new bras and hated how some of them felt. Let’s say I bought 6 and 4 were just impossible to wear. I’m not sure how I had the guts because I’m just not the type but I went back. They called Mrs saposh who was upstairs to come down. I was positive she would tell me that new bras take time to get used to. Instead she had me try on each one. She studied how they each fit. 2 of them she insisted were fine but I just wasn’t wearing them the right way. 2 she actually took back and agreed there was a problem. They gave me a store credit which was fine because I needed a few things. The problem I had was that when I wanted to pay for a nightgown with my store credit they wouldn’t let. They said if I got the store credit for returning bras I could only use the credit for new bras. That was very unfair in my opinion.
I don’t think they were nice to you when you went back. Obviously you didn’t want to buy an uncomfortable bra…

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Owner's relative looked at me like I was off the wall to even think that theyd do anything for me, after I showed the bra and it was clearly brand new looking because I hate wearing it. I said Ive never had as uncomfortable bra in my life.

Owner's relative said "This is not the most comfortable bra, but you should have realized it when you tried it", "Sorry you tried it on here, and you should have realized when you were buying it, that its uncomfortable. We never ever offer returns or even anything towards a new bra, once you pay and walk out of the store".

I actually bought a new bra there today, and Im kicking myself. She was nasty. She could have said the same thing nicely. I never complained about anything before, so its not like Im an annoying customer.

Call and speak to the owner.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 4:04 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
Call and speak to the owner.

I just called to ask if a bra I bought for my daughter was altered and is ready for pickup. I asked who Im speaking to and woman said Mrs Saposh Sr. I explained what happened yesterday. She answered very agitatedly "If you buy a pair of shoes and wear it and the shoes arent comfortbale, do you expect the store to take them back? You should have realized its uncomfortable in the fitting room".

I dont think I did anything to rub the relative or owner the wrong way. I spoke calmly and politely, but I wasnt spoken to calmly or politely.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:21 pm
I want to add that when I walked out of the store w my adult daughter this week, she asked if they know me from before, because she noticed that they were very nasty to me as if we had had some negative experiences.

Thats not the case at all!

I go there very rarely, because I live far from there, and only when Im looking for an expensive real quality bra that will fit very well and feel very comfortable and last.

A-hum.

Only to get this treatment.

Everything would have been acceptable if I would have been told, Im very sorry but this is the store policy.. instead of their disgust bordering on shock that I complained about this very uncomfortable bra, while buying 2 new bras.

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:33 pm
MySelf & Neishloss both have very friendly fitters.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:46 pm
I live in Canada and I'd never dream of returning undergarments.
What is the store supposed to do with the returned bra? Resell it?

I'd only return something if it was damaged in which case the store should send it back to the company.

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:48 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
I live in Canada and I'd never dream of returning undergarments.
What is the store supposed to do with the returned bra? Resell it?

I'd only return something if it was damaged in which case the store should send it back to the company.

This store prides itself on having the best fitters. So when you go there you trust the bra will be comfortable and fit well. That's why people shop there. If they fit you, and select for you a bra that's uncomfortable and doesn't fit well, then they should take responsibility for that IMHO. If I would walk in the store and pick out what I want on my own, I would not expect them to take responsibility.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:56 pm
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
This store prides itself on having the best fitters. So when you go there you trust the bra will be comfortable and fit well. That's why people shop there. If they fit you, and select for you a bra that's uncomfortable and doesn't fit well, then they should take responsibility for that IMHO. If I would walk in the store and pick out what I want on my own, I would not expect them to take responsibility.

But only you can decide if it's conformable for you. Maybe another shopper your size would love the exact same garment.

In my experience fitters just help you find the right size for you. The rest is up to you.

Same with shoes. Shoe stores help fit the right shoe but only you can decide if it's conformable for you.

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:13 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
But only you can decide if it's conformable for you. Maybe another shopper your size would love the exact same garment.

In my experience fitters just help you find the right size for you. The rest is up to you.

Same with shoes. Shoe stores help fit the right shoe but only you can decide if it's conformable for you.

This is all true but you don’t really know when you’re in the store how it will feel after wearing for a whole day.
I once bought a bra at a store in Lakewood and the next day it was cutting into my armpit and irritating it so badly. I went right back to the store and showed them. To their credit they took it back for store credit. To be honest, it shouldn’t have cut into me like that if it fit properly so it is partially their fault.
A few years ago I brought my young daughter to the shoe store for a new pair of shoes. They assured me the fit was perfect for her. When she wore them the next day she had a bloody blister on her heel. I took her back to the store where they apologized and let her pick another pair. A different time I bought shoes for her at a large shoe sale. We loved the shoes until she wore them to school and came home with a cut behind her foot. I didn’t even think of going back because I chose the shoes myself.
Basically if a store is fitting you and assuring you that it fits right (and they pride themselves that they are good fitters) it makes sense to go back if it doesn’t feel right. You can’t go back a month later but within a day or two it’s acceptable.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:19 pm
amother [ Daylily ] wrote:
This is all true but you don’t really know when you’re in the store how it will feel after wearing for a whole day.

YES!!!!!!!

And it seems from the above posts that they choose which customers theyre nice to and bend backwards for, and which they treat with anger, even while buying 2 new bras, which is confusing and annoying.

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
YES!!!!!!!

And it seems from the above posts that they choose which customers theyre nice to and bend backwards for, and which they treat with anger, even while buying 2 new bras, which is confusing and annoying.

That's when you know it's time to shop elsewhere. I refuse to give my money to people who are rude to me. There are other stores.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics