Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Am I the only one... S/O Tuition Raises
Previous  1  2

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 10:37 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:
Round and round we go. People here act like they know everything.

The schools are not ripping you off, and not every teacher is required to be destitute as a job description. Everyone acts like if ONLY they just showed all of them how much they were spending, and they could save a whole $200,000 by firing every teachers assistant and turning off the water, then tuition will magically go down to $100 a kid. Oh and the school will run just fine with one teacher per 35 kids in a class.

People are delusional. School budgets are millions of dollars. And your penny pinching is going to make that reality disappear?

In Lakewood, there’s the added factor that you don’t want to be at the “bad school”. So now, they figure you can pay everyone in administration $50,000, and all the principals will stay and NONE of them will leave. The truth is the only one willing to work for that price will instantly launch the school into the “bad school” range, so now everyone will scramble to get into the one school who charges normal tuition so that they can get good teachers and maintain their good reputation.

So why don't schools open their books and prove us wrong?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 10:40 pm
amother [ Bellflower ] wrote:
So why don't schools open their books and prove us wrong?

Maybe if you were an accountant they would. What qualifications do you have exactly to tell an entire school system what to do. Did you think they don’t have a board they have to answer to? People have such chutzpah.

My principal said that if were up to parents, they’d have no teachers.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 11:53 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:
Maybe if you were an accountant they would. What qualifications do you have exactly to tell an entire school system what to do. Did you think they don’t have a board they have to answer to? People have such chutzpah.

My principal said that if were up to parents, they’d have no teachers.

I am sure there are parents in the school who are accountants. So would they open the books for them?

And parents don't need qualifications to deserve some transparency. They are PAYING CUSTOMERS.

My dh works in a service field. The next time you call him for a job, he will quote you a high price. When you ask how he got to that amount and what the breakdown is, he will tell you that you have no qualifications and it's a chutzpah for you to ask, and you should pay him whatever he wants.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 11:56 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
I don’t think that many teachers are getting raises. I just left my job because my salary was abysmal and I can’t pay my bills.
[/quote]

What job did you switch to?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics