Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Is it normal that I’m married for 20 years and I never
Previous  1  2

Raisin

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:25 am
wow, I just checked and kleenex brand where I live is 10 times the price of an expensive brand of toilet paper. Per sheet, and I know tissues are bigger than toilet roll squares but that is still a large difference.

I never used to buy kleenex for shabbos but recently all the store brands are not available so I have been wincing at the price of kleenex. Store brand tissues are closer in price to toilet paper so I guess it is not so crazy to do that. But anyway we are happy with our store brand toilet rolls!

If cost is a consideration, think about introducing toilet rolls.

I do happen to think its kind of odd that so many people never use toilet paper. Very often shabbos tissue gets left over and is used during the week, but to only buy that??

essie14

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:25 am
I've been a guest in homes where there was only tissues. I never gave it a second thought.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:29 am
Interesting! I despise using tissues to wipe. We buy toilet paper in large quantities from Costco. We even tear TP before Shabbos so we can use it instead of tissues. We definitely prefer the plush TP like Charmin. The very thin types like in public restrooms are horrible.

Librarian

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 5:45 pm
married 32 years tissues only!

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 5:52 pm
My house has a septic system and tissues can cause serious issues to the plumbing. Please use toilet paper if you visit me (and make sure the places you visit can handle your, uh, bathroom habits.)

amother
Navyblue

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 6:32 pm
I can't believe all those who live in israel or used to live there didn't mention the big difference!

In Israel Israelis use toilet roll paper to blow their nose. I have tons of family there and there is always a roll of paper on the kitchen table, next to a bed etc.

It makes me gag just seeing it out of the bathroom.

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 6:47 pm
Married 40 years and my dh has also never bought TP. Then again, he has never bought tissues, soap, dishwash detergent, or plenty of other household necessities. Just saying.

Digressions aside, you'd better pray that your piping is very healthy. TP is made to fall apart when it gets wet. Tissues pride themselves on their "wet strength" and how they DON'T fall apart when they get wet. What that means is that eventually they will build up into major clogs and wreak havoc on your plumbing. You know how all institutional bathrooms have signs telling you not to flush paper towels? This is why. Tissues aren't quite as bad as paper towels, which means it just takes them longer to build up into the plumbing equivalent of the Hoover Dam.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 6:59 pm
We have TP but its really only for show - we use tissues and TP is there as backup! We get the boxes from Costco. It was only when Covid hit and there was a run on TP that when we saw everyone running at Costco for the TP did we stock up on TP as well! One of the reasons for not putting TP out was to prevent the kids unravelling it all in one sitting. Laugh

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:36 pm
amother [ Candycane ] wrote:
Married 12 years and I never either bought toilet paper ! We have lived with kleenex tissues only !!! My kids don't know what toilet paper is !

Have your kids never gone to anyone else's house or used a public bathroom? Scratching Head

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:38 pm
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
I hate toilet paper! It's too thin which can lead to....problems. I rarely have plumbing issues and every few years even when I do, I'll gladly call a plumber every so often so that I can continue using tissues.

Plumbing issues can build up over time. It could be a lot worse than a plumber visit every few years.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:05 pm
Never bought toilet paper either!

Hate toilet paper. Only tissues in this household

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 12:50 am
amother [ Navyblue ] wrote:
I can't believe all those who live in israel or used to live there didn't mention the big difference!

In Israel Israelis use toilet roll paper to blow their nose. I have tons of family there and there is always a roll of paper on the kitchen table, next to a bed etc.

It makes me gag just seeing it out of the bathroom.
Why does it make you gag? What is so wrong with toilet paper out of the bathroom? Why is it any different than tissues? Im really scratching my head with this one.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 1:05 am
You are lucky you don't have a septic tank! I live in Miami and all the plumbing goes to the septic tank in my yard which I have to maintain. Flushing tissues down my toilets would be a very $$ luxury and cause tons of plumbing headaches. Nothing but septic safe toilet paper is allowed to be flushed in my home.

singleagain

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 1:27 am

Just leaving this here.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sat, May 28 2022, 11:47 pm
Our plumber told us that in the basement which has a pump we should only use the cheap tissues, never Kleenex.

Otherwise I never buy toilet paper (I did years ago because I was brought up that way but probably stopped after the kids unrolled a few, don't remember when!)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics