Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Challah bowl

saltandvinegar

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:25 pm
I'd love to make challah for shavuos.
Im looking for a bowl thats big enough to mix everything in.

Amazon is easiest Wink

Not looking for plastic

singleagain

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 7:54 pm
Winco MXB-3000Q , 30-Quart, Stainless Steel
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001.....ss_tl

We have something that is about this size It doesn't say exactly but looking at it I guess estimate it is about 30 quarts if you don't like this exact one you can you know just search for 30 quarts stainless steel mixing bowl

saltandvinegar

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:26 pm
singleagain wrote:
Winco MXB-3000Q , 30-Quart, Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001.....ss_tl

We have something that is about this size It doesn't say exactly but looking at it I guess estimate it is about 30 quarts if you don't like this exact one you can you know just search for 30 quarts stainless steel mixing bowl

Thank you! Do you think this is big enough for 5 lbs?

singleagain

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 8:38 pm
lemondrop wrote:

We have a large bowl that I believe is about that size that holds 5 lb.

My mom is currently asleep but if I remember I will ask her in the morning if our big bowl is 30 quarts.

Amarante

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:08 pm
I had a completely different idea of what the title was. First I thought it was using a challah as a soup bowl like some restaurants do. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈThen I had a random funny thought about it being like the Super Bowl or Cotton Bowl but being an Israeli sporting event. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

challahchallah

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 9:10 pm
lemondrop wrote:

Yes, you can certainly fit a 5lb batch in this bowl. 30 quarts is huge. For reference, the Bosch mixer that lots of people love on here has a 6.5 quart bowl. You want more buffer than that for hand mixing, but 30 quarts is overkill IMO.

saltandvinegar

Post Wed, May 25 2022, 8:38 pm
challahchallah wrote:
Yes, you can certainly fit a 5lb batch in this bowl. 30 quarts is huge. For reference, the Bosch mixer that lots of people love on here has a 6.5 quart bowl. You want more buffer than that for hand mixing, but 30 quarts is overkill IMO.

I ended up going to amazing savings today and got an 8 qt bowl. Hope its big enough lol. Oh well

Next step is finding a nice challah recipe Wink ur username is very fitting! any yummy challah recipes for 5 lbs?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads