Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Bird (parrot-cockatiel) Guru in monsey area?UPDATED

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 26 2022, 10:09 pm
Anyone in monsey NY area can reccomend someone who is very knowledgable about parrots and wing clipping?
I have a young cockatiel who needs his wings clipped again (he started gaining serious flight and it isnt safe for him), and I dont trust random pet stores because ive heard their techs are not always knowledgable enough. He is still molting, doesnt necessarily have all his feathers in, and someone inexperienced can accidentally trim a blood feather etc.
Anyone know someone who has parrots and is very knowledgable about this stuff, would know how to properly clip wings?

amother
Clover

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 12:01 am
Rabbi Gerber- he is called the parrot Rebbe.
He does bird shows. He has dozens of birds

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 12:31 am
amother [ Clover ] wrote:
Rabbi Gerber- he is called the parrot Rebbe.
He does bird shows. He has dozens of birds

Oh my goodness THANK YOU! So helpful!!

anonymrs

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 12:07 pm
Just came here to give the same name, though I don't have the number for you.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 12:08 pm
anonymrs wrote:
Just came here to give the same name, though I don't have the number for you.

Thank you, I appreciate it

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 7:31 am
I want to thank you both for taking the time to respond. BH the Parrot Rebbe turned out to be the best shaliach for us. He was very helpful, and im so happy we learned about him.
Thank you for posting!!

SaraFruma

Post Thu, Sep 14 2023, 3:17 pm
Hi! I'm glad you found someone to do your birds wing clipping. I have two cockatiels, and we often need to get the wing feathers clipped of the younger one. We've found an Avian vet where we live who is fantastic, and it was good to establish ourselves with this vet in case we ever need help with a sick bird. If you'd like, you can PM me and we can chat cockatiels!

amother OP wrote:
Anyone in monsey NY area can reccomend someone who is very knowledgable about parrots and wing clipping?
I have a young cockatiel who needs his wings clipped again (he started gaining serious flight and it isnt safe for him), and I dont trust random pet stores because ive heard their techs are not always knowledgable enough. He is still molting, doesnt necessarily have all his feathers in, and someone inexperienced can accidentally trim a blood feather etc.
Anyone know someone who has parrots and is very knowledgable about this stuff, would know how to properly clip wings?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets