Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Child wheezing

Good Friend

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 12:46 am
My almost 3 year old has a cold, he's been taking a decongestant but has still been wheezing all day and now worse at night, he can't sleep. Tried steam, was a little better while sitting in the hot shower but worse as soon as I took him out. Is this safe to have him in a state of struggling to breathe, and waiting for him to improve? I don't have to take him to the hospital, right?

happytobemom

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 12:49 am
If it's getting worse or not getting better and he's struggling to breathe I would call the pediatrician's after hours line.

mommybrr

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 12:51 am
If he's struggling to breathe take to the ER or call hatzolah. If he's struggling he needs steroids.

Good Friend

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 12:57 am
I live in a 3rd world country, and my husband is out of town, I have several little kids, so it's a little complicated... I don't know if my doctor has any after hours line, I guess I can try his cell number.

He's wheezing the whole time, sometimes loudly, sometimes quieter. Never stuck unable to catch s breath.

happytobemom

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 1:00 am
Call someone. Your doctor's cell if you have it.
Do you have friends or neighbors you can call to help you, to come over if you need to leave?

amother
Gray

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 1:07 am
I assume you dont have a nebulizer and albuterol?

If he is wheezing that bad and you have no rescue meds, you might need to take him to the hospital for treatment.

And even with rescue meds he might still need more than you can give at home.

He might need oxygen and steroids given IV along with albuterol and other treatments.

Oy!

Of course we are not there to see him and you must use your judgement but Do Not hesitate to take him in and call his ped if you feel the need!

Refuah shelaimah. Please keep us posted.

GLUE

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 1:07 am
Do you have a neighbor that has a nebulizer? Some one with Asthma is who to call.

If yes ask if you can borrow it with the medicine-I don't know what you would have in your country here it is called Albuterol and see what happens.

If you can't get Albuterol or it's not working or only works for about an hour get to what you would call the ER in your country yes it is that serious

Good Friend

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 1:28 am
Update- I called someone who was able to bring over a nebulizer, so hopefully that should help. Thank you all!

happytobemom

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 1:33 am
Hatzlacha, refuah sheleimah!

amother
Phlox

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 2:38 am
If it's croup take him outside if it's cold or open the freezer and let him breath the cold air you will see a change in a few minutes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics