Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
If you have a large sized big girl-what size shell?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 4:52 am
What size children's shell would you buy for a short girl- close to 5 ft but overweight?
The ladies sizes are too big- sleeves, shell length, neck….

amother
Chambray

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 5:25 am
Sounds similar to my adorable 11 year-old, who is around 4'11" with a belly. I got her kikirikki 3/4 sleeve shells in ladies size medium and they're none too big! The neck, sleeves and length are actually fine.
When cotton layering tees can work I like Childrens Place plus size. I usually add an elastic to the necks but otherwise the fit is perfect.
My older daughter, who is only a little taller (5'1") but has a slim adult figure, just got some Esteez shells that are really long on her but that's never been a problem before. Sleeve length is always an issue for her so she chooses 3/4 sleeves when possible.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 5:30 am
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
Sounds similar to my adorable 11 year-old, who is around 4'11" with a belly. I got her kikirikki 3/4 sleeve shells in ladies size medium and they're none too big! The neck, sleeves and length are actually fine.
When cotton layering tees can work I like Childrens Place plus size. I usually add an elastic to the necks but otherwise the fit is perfect.
My older daughter, who is only a little taller (5'1") but has a slim adult figure, just got some Esteez shells that are really long on her but that's never been a problem before. Sleeve length is always an issue for her so she chooses 3/4 sleeves when possible.

Thanks! The 3/4 sleeve size medium ladies is long sleeve on her?
Also, if you don’t mind saying, how much does she weigh? I’m afraid the ladies size medium will be too small!
DD is probably around 135 pounds

amother
Chambray

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 6:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! The 3/4 sleeve size medium ladies is long sleeve on her?
Also, if you don’t mind saying, how much does she weigh? I’m afraid the ladies size medium will be too small!
DD is probably around 135 pounds

It's still 3/4, but a longer 3/4. It definitely works.
The medium is quite snug, even on the arms. Dd definitely cannot wear it plain. I would much rather a more generous cut! The Esteez cotton relaxed fit would be much better (though probably longer), more like a t-shirt, but dd was adamantly against it.
Maybe I'd buy a large next time.

Maybe you can compare brands and see how their sizes run. I remember buying 1 brand for my older dds who are quite slim - and they needed an extra large in that brand. Some are more generous.

Dd is probably around 125lbs but a lot depends on build. Dd's bone structure is kind of narrow and she carries all her weight in her belly, which does not work well with current shells! That's why I like the Childrens Place plus size tops- they are made exactly for my daughter's shape. If only they made lycra shells... The current swing or baby doll style Shabbos dress also works perfectly for dd - bH! - since age appropriate complimentary clothing is always an issue.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 8:24 am
My 10yo who is 4’8” or 4’10” and 110 lbs wears she’ll station ribbed shells in girls xl
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics