Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Freezing Baked Ziti, Eggplant Parmesan, penne vodka

pleaseadvice

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 4:46 pm
Could I prepare baked ziti, eggplant parmesan & penne vodka and freeze?

Or just freeze prepared without baking?

thanks,

agreer

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 5:35 pm
I bake and freeze.

Then I reheat at 300 degrees.

I have found that pouring 1/2 c warm water over it before reheating makes it seem very fresh.

Good luck!

Mommyg8

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 5:37 pm
Baked ziti and eggplant parmesan both freeze beautifully. I have no experience with penne.

In general, the best way to freeze any food is to slightly undercook before freezing. Warm up before serving.

mommyla

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 5:38 pm
I freeze the vodka sauce and make fresh pasta when ready to serve. Always delicious.

Ma3

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 5:40 pm
Put into oven straight from freezer. If not, it'll defrost and become all watery.

emzod42

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 7:00 pm
mommyla wrote:
I freeze the vodka sauce and make fresh pasta when ready to serve. Always delicious.

You freeze with cream in it and everything? I thought cream things didn't freeze well?

nicole81

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 7:13 pm
I do eggplant and baked ziti all the time. I definitely prefer to fully defrost first before reheating. Beware that ziti takes forever to reheat if done directly from frozen.

I feel like I've frozen leftover fettuccine with vodka sauce and the kids loved it. I'd recommend that fresh, but if you'll be under pressure, then it should be fine frozen. The only thing to look out for is the sauce separating if heated too high. So if you want the sauce to be as close to fresh texture as possible. you can either make sure you defrost fully and heat up evenly, but not to boiling temperature (heat on 200), or freeze the sauce separately and reheat on its own. If it separates, just wait for it to cool a few degrees, pour it on the penne, and serve. If you freeze everything together and heat it to high, you can always mix it up and wait for it to cool a bit and it will be fine, but not as good as the other methods.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals