Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where can I buy an oil diffuser/vaporizer
1  2  3  4  5  Next

relaxation

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 2:03 pm
with essential oils in Brooklyn. Do I need to go to a specialty store or would a local pharmacy carry it ?

amother
Denim

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 2:37 pm
You can get online at Saks Fifth Ave

relaxation

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 4:12 pm
Thanks !

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 5:46 pm
Amazon

amother
Lotus

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 6:31 pm
Dont bother. Its full of harmful poisons that you breathe into your body. It disrupts hormones too.

Just skip it

relaxation

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 6:52 pm
amother [ Lotus ] wrote:
Dont bother. Its full of harmful poisons that you breathe into your body. It disrupts hormones too.

Just skip it
I thought it's good for clearing the mind.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 6:54 pm
amother [ Lotus ] wrote:

Just skip it

I assumed op is talking about an essential oil diffuser, which can be very beneficial to one's health. I buy them on Amazon.

relaxation

Post Fri, May 27 2022, 6:57 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I assumed op is talking about an essential oil diffuser, which can be very beneficial to one's health. I buy them on Amazon.
Can you post any link ?

ChossidMom

Post Sat, May 28 2022, 5:48 pm
Essential oils are not only not bad for you. They are excellent for your health. I am studying aromatherapy and I LOVE my essential oils.
I recommend buying a good diffuser (lots of garbage ones out there) and a starter pack of a few basic oils like peppermint, lavender, lemon, eucalyptus, rosemary and maybe a few others.
I buy my oils from planttherapy.com. I believe they do free shipping within the U.S. They also sell nifty diffusers. I love mine.
Check out their "sets". You can get a great beginner set of GOOD quality essential oils for $35.
Hatzlacha!

relaxation

Post Sat, May 28 2022, 9:32 pm
ChossidMom wrote:
Essential oils are not only not bad for you. They are excellent for your health. I am studying aromatherapy and I LOVE my essential oils.
I recommend buying a good diffuser (lots of garbage ones out there) and a starter pack of a few basic oils like peppermint, lavender, lemon, eucalyptus, rosemary and maybe a few others.
I buy my oils from planttherapy.com. I believe they do free shipping within the U.S. They also sell nifty diffusers. I love mine.
Check out their "sets". You can get a great beginner set of GOOD quality essential oils for $35.
Hatzlacha!

Would you be able to post as a suggestion which ones you bought ?

relaxation

Post Sat, May 28 2022, 9:32 pm
Also what is aromatherapy good for ?

ChossidMom

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 12:12 am
We use aromatherapy for everything in my house.
I make inhalers (a small plastic thingie with a cotton insert which I soak in oils). My husband, kids and I sniff them all day. My kids use them for headaches. My husband uses them for lowering his blood pressure and relaxing. We use them for colds, respiratory and building immunity. The possibilities are endlesss.
The oils I mentioned are the most useful but there are so many options.
Using citrus oils in an inhaler or diffuser is very uplifting. There is lemon, lime, green mandarin, tangerine, grapefruit, Sweet orange. Very relaxing and uplifting.
Peppermint is a basic. It goes really nicely with the citrus oils and is energizing and good for digestion.
Eucalyptus is amazing for colds/immunity.
Rosemary is great for circulation and particularly cerebral circulation so I like to use it when I get drowsy or brain fog in the afternoon. People inhale it before tests as well.
Lavender is #1 for relaxation. I drop a few drops on my sheets at night to fall asleep easily. It works. I have to go back to sleep now (at 7 am) so I put 2 drops in a non electric diffuser (a ceramic one with a candle that heats the water with the oil) and I'm using lavender. I put in 2 drops of lavender and one drop of lemon
There are oils that blend so beautifully together and smell delicious. YOu have to find what you like.
The sky is the limit.
By the way, you can buy inhalers on aliexpress or amazon and they are not expensive. I have this yum inhaler that my family loves. You can google "inhaler recipe for sinus headache" or "inhaler recipe for migraine" etc. There are so many options.
I just discovered a nice option - a ceramic (non electric) diffuser with: 1 drop melissa, 1 drop lemongrasss and 1 drop lavender. It smells divine.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 12:20 am
Here is link to the Plant Therapy diffusers. I have 2 of them and I love them.
https://www.planttherapy.com/diffusers
One of the reasons I like plant therapy is that they have high quality oils. They can provide GC/MS reports on every oil (proving their purity). There is a lot of low quality oils out there that are watered down and you cannot tell from the smell. Your essential oil provider MUST be able to provide GC/MS reports. If they cannot - don't buy them. I asked NOW to provide them and they couldn't. This is a brand that you find on Amazon. I won't buy them anymore. Hopewell is another quality company (Christian owners). Edens Garden is good and Aromatics.com is very high quality. I like Plant Therapy because they do free shipping to Israel on orders of over $75. It's not hard for me to reach that amount. Omigosh - Aromatics is having a huge Memorial Day sale. It may be worth checking out!! They do free shipping in the U.S. I think.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 12:24 am
By the way, I am slowly stopping to use all my household cleaners. They all have chemicals that are harmful to breathe in. It is SO easy to make your own cleaners with essential oils that are HEALTHY to breathe in. I just made a spray last night with Lemon, Peppermint, Tea Tree and Orange. The Tea Tree kills bacteria and mold, by the way. Check out google for all kinds of recipes. Or youtube. There is so much info out there. You can really make a difference in your family's health. I strongly recommend videos by aromahead institute where I study. They put out some really good youtube clips on how to make different blends.
Be careful when using oils if there are small children around. Always check if this oil is ok for kids.

rowo

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 12:57 am
ChossidMom wrote:
By the way, I am slowly stopping to use all my household cleaners. They all have chemicals that are harmful to breathe in. It is SO easy to make your own cleaners with essential oils that are HEALTHY to breathe in. I just made a spray last night with Lemon, Peppermint, Tea Tree and Orange. The Tea Tree kills bacteria and mold, by the way. Check out google for all kinds of recipes. Or youtube. There is so much info out there. You can really make a difference in your family's health. I strongly recommend videos by aromahead institute where I study. They put out some really good youtube clips on how to make different blends.
Be careful when using oils if there are small children around. Always check if this oil is ok for kids.

Chossidmom has given great tips and advice!
If you’re in Israel another great company is avaroma. Not cheap but great quality. (They do ship overseas)
Just wanted to add that as well as checking before using with young children, also check before using while pregnant. Some oils need to be avoided at different stages of pregnancy.

A few drops of lavender in a bath can be amazing for kids(and adults!), helps them calm down and relax

ChossidMom

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:48 am
Wow. I never heard of avaroma. Have to look into it!

relaxation

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 4:20 pm
Chossid Mom thank you so much for all the information ! I am now looking on both sites. Aromatics seems to have a sale on the oils but I don't see any diffusers , while plant therapy has diffusers (like you showed me). Is it possible to use one company diffuser and another ones oil or they don't go together ? Furthermore besides for the oil being good quality does the diffuser have to be as well ? (like if I find a cheap on on amazon could it be harmfull to ones health )

Your posts really made me excited !

relaxation

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 4:23 pm
Also what is an Himalayan salt inhaler ?

relaxation

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 4:24 pm
relaxation wrote:
Also what is an Himalayan salt inhaler ?

https://www.planttherapy.com/h.....haler

ChossidMom

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 4:32 pm
relaxation wrote:
Chossid Mom thank you so much for all the information ! I am now looking on both sites. Aromatics seems to have a sale on the oils but I don't see any diffusers , while plant therapy has diffusers (like you showed me). Is it possible to use one company diffuser and another ones oil or they don't go together ? Furthermore besides for the oil being good quality does the diffuser have to be as well ? (like if I find a cheap on on amazon could it be harmfull to ones health )

Your posts really made me excited !

Essential oils are really exciting. At least for me. It's almost magical but really not. It's CHEMISTRY! Hashem has created an amazing array of ways that we can help ourselves.
You can totally use whatever diffuser you want with whatever oils you want. Just make sure you use really good quality oils. Even if they cost more. There is a ton of info available online. I particularly like to read the website of Dr. Josh Axe to see what he says about different oils and their benefits. Also, you may want to get on the Aromahead mailing list. They do these nifty free trainings (in order to get you to sign up for their paid programs) that really teach you how to do stuff. You can also find their clips on Youtube. Do a search there for Andrea Butje Aromahead and you'll find her videos. She teaches you how to make inhalers and use diffusers. She teaches you how to make body butters, if you are so inclined. It's so much fun!
Also, you can go over to udemy.com. It's a site with courses. Every now and then they have really good deals. Never pay full price for a course. You can get them for $10. There is this guy Mark Perren Jones who has courses on aromatherapy and that is where I got my start. His courses are AWESOME. He is fun to watch and listen to and has a great sense of humor. Get cracking LOL. It's FUN.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics