Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Summer craft ideas for 10 and 7 yt old girls

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 28 2022, 9:41 pm
Hi creative mommy’s I’m looking for your best ideas for projects, crafts, fun food making ideas for my girls ages 10 and 7 who will be home this summer. Brownie points if it can work for my 3 year old as well. Thank you!

amother
Geranium

Post Sat, May 28 2022, 11:18 pm
Making a scrapbook, potholder loom, planting, making a jewelry box, quilling, making challah, making pizza, sewing, decorating apron, tie dyeing , chocolate molds, soap making, candle making..! Almost any craft works for those ages. You’re looking for anything specific?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 12:03 am
Thanks for the ideas! I feel like I’m not so up to date onwhat’s out there and looking for some cool new ideas. Tie dying sounds great. I also loved the ice cream in a bag idea and make your own play dough ideas I saw on this site. Definitely planning on planting a vegetable garden with them this summer too.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 7:12 am
Bump

mom2be1

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 7:30 am
All kind of cool things they can make with puff paint

Living Princess

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 7:55 am
1. Tie dye - tshirts, aprons caps,make sure they are cotton. You can also die string/rope and then wrap around a glass jar (recycled). You cover the jar with glue and then wrap. You can find pictures online.
2. Dot art- for your 10 year old. But a set of dotting tools and ideas online. Alternatively you can start with using the back of a pencil ✏ and qtips if you don't want to spend on tools
3. Canvas tracing - print outlines of pictures that your kids would like. More detailed for older ones. Put carbon paper between the outline and the canvas (you can use thick cardboard instead of a canvas to save $) and trace over the outline. Now your kids can paint in the picture.
4. Beading is always fun. Buy alphabet beads and let them bead their names. They can also bead name key rings as gifts for relatives.
5. Salt painting with watercolor- Draw a picture on a (big) piece of cardboard. Outline the pictures with Elmers glue. Sprinkles salt so that it covers the glue. Shake off excess glue. Now dip your brush in water and wet the paint 🎨. Then paint the salt. The results are really nice
6. Colored sand - you'll need a lot of salt and colored chalk. Pour salt on paper plate. Color with chalk. Pour into a cup. Now pour more salt on your plate and make another color. Pour into a different cup. When you have several colors start layering into an empty bottle.

If you need more ideas I can try later

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 8:13 am
Living Princess wrote:
1. Tie dye - tshirts, aprons caps,make sure they are cotton. You can also die string/rope and then wrap around a glass jar (recycled). You cover the jar with glue and then wrap. You can find pictures online.
2. Dot art- for your 10 year old. But a set of dotting tools and ideas online. Alternatively you can start with using the back of a pencil ✏ and qtips if you don't want to spend on tools
3. Canvas tracing - print outlines of pictures that your kids would like. More detailed for older ones. Put carbon paper between the outline and the canvas (you can use thick cardboard instead of a canvas to save $) and trace over the outline. Now your kids can paint in the picture.
4. Beading is always fun. Buy alphabet beads and let them bead their names. They can also bead name key rings as gifts for relatives.
5. Salt painting with watercolor- Draw a picture on a (big) piece of cardboard. Outline the pictures with Elmers glue. Sprinkles salt so that it covers the glue. Shake off excess glue. Now dip your brush in water and wet the paint 🎨. Then paint the salt. The results are really nice
6. Colored sand - you'll need a lot of salt and colored chalk. Pour salt on paper plate. Color with chalk. Pour into a cup. Now pour more salt on your plate and make another color. Pour into a different cup. When you have several colors start layering into an empty bottle.

If you need more ideas I can try later

Thank you these are great! Keep them coming pls if you have more!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 8:38 am
Paint party
Sock plants
Slime
Ceramics painting
Snow globes
Decorating plates using oven safe paint
Sculpey- form shapes out of the oven safe clay and make keychains, cover and decorate pens, etc.
Duct tape art
Glass etching
Perler beads
Puff paint canvas sneakers/tote bags/t shirts
Personalize clipboards
Puppet making
Quilling
Lanyard
Doll clothes making
Yarn dolls
Friendship bracelets
Decorate tiles to make trivets
Stamping- use embossing tools- stationery, cards, etc
Hook rugs
Wire beading on metal serving spoons
Napkin rings
Decoupage
Diorama
Clocks
Knot quilts
You can splurge on a huge wooden dollhouse and spend the whole summer assembling, painting, decorating, and furnishing it.

There are great crafting ideas online, craft kits you can buy, and books with ideas.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 9:12 am
Thank you Amelia! These are great
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics