Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Switzerland
Previous  1  2

im my kids ima

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 9:51 am
baba wrote:
There's also a kosher hotel in Villars (in the French part but only bout a 2,5 h drive from Zurich). I havent been to the hotel, but have been to the place. it was very nice, lots to do and close to a few bigger cities (montreux and Vevey).

last thing I hurd villar was closed.
geneve is also a 1 hour drive from there. its on the nicer side of switzerland

chaylizi

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 9:54 am
when my in laws go to st moritz in the summer- they rent a cottage or an apt to stay in & they eat in the hotel.

sarahd

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 2:39 pm
You don't save much money that way because meals for non-hotel residents are not normally expensive (ca. $65-70 per person) but the accomodations might be more comfortable.

chaylizi

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 2:45 pm
they weren't doing it to save money. but when they go they take their unmarried kids & my mil's parents & her sister & all their kids. and often one or two of the married couples from oot come for part of the summer too. so I think it's just comfort.

jemappelle

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 10:11 pm
im my kids ima wrote:
baba wrote:
There's also a kosher hotel in Villars (in the French part but only bout a 2,5 h drive from Zurich). I havent been to the hotel, but have been to the place. it was very nice, lots to do and close to a few bigger cities (montreux and Vevey).

last thing I hurd villar was closed.
geneve is also a 1 hour drive from there. its on the nicer side of switzerland

villar was open this year for pesach, there are also private chateaus around it.
if you are on that side and near geneve/lac leman I highly suggest going to yvoire for a day trip, it is beautiful! also, if you can, chamonix/ mont blanc is positively awesome.

pinkbubbles

Post Mon, May 12 2008, 2:24 am
OK everyone! I am sooo grateful for your advice... but we decided not to go in the end. We're going to Israel and spending time for just us and time with family/friends (there are two babies that should arrive by then, so thats a big reason!!) We'll also be there for the amazing chag of Shavuot. Another reason was because we know the language, we know how to get around, etc. And Switzerland we'll go to when we might be able to afford not enjoying ourselves 100% ( I felt like that would happen, since I dont know everything about where I'm going.. I know control freak right??)

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I know where to look for next time.. and maybe this thread helped out someone else, too.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, May 12 2008, 3:08 am
Smart decision PinkBubbles.

That being said I am absolutely dying to go back to Switzerland to air out..... the peace and quiet, the views. Ahhhhhhhhh.

Dini

Post Mon, May 12 2008, 10:27 pm
ChossidMom wrote:
Smart decision PinkBubbles.

That being said I am absolutely dying to go back to Switzerland to air out..... the peace and quiet, the views. Ahhhhhhhhh.

I second that--about going back ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

chaylizi

Post Mon, May 12 2008, 10:29 pm
I actually spend way too much time in switzerland & always dread the long trip with my kids. I was jsut there fora chasuna & it was such a shlep. I know I sound like I'm whining- but I'd much rather stay home or go to ny.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics