Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Easy healthy meals and snacks

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:49 am
Hi! I’m looking for healthy food that can be prepared quickly with pretty normal ingredients (or easy to get).
I would like to start eating better by making sustainable changes to my diet.
Can you share some good breakfast, lunch and supper ideas? Some good snacks to have around?

ETA- I’m coming from eating pizza and pasta regularly so anything better is a plus!

amother
Quince

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:51 am
My go to breakfast is an apple, cottage cheese, coffee and milk

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:59 am
breakfast:
omelet with cheese (1 egg plus 2 egg whites plus 1/2 a slice of slims cheese) with three whole wheat crackers (I like osem)

lunch:
toasted scooped whole wheat bagel loaded with vegetables and 2 tbs. greek high protein cream cheese

dinner:
I am a huge pasta lover and this pasta is a life saver- fibergourmet - you can order from their website or from netrition.com
I make a heaven baked ziti a lot of nights (I make a separate supper for my family)
so I have 200 calories of pasta (a huge bowl) with low calorie marinara sauce, slims cheese (one slice) a bit of milk and I microwave for approx 4 minutes

snacks:
low calorie high fiber biscotti (80 calories for two) with a coffee (I use almond milk usually)
fruit
banana peanut butter smoothie (1 frozen banana, almond milk, ice cubes and 1 tbs pb powder, plus a bit of splenda....this is heaven)

amother
Broom

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 10:02 am
Breakfast: sautéed tomatoes in omelette

Sunny side up eggs with pita

Greek yogurt with blueberries and stevia

Lunch:
Peanut butter and jam sandwich using natural peanut butter
Salad with roasted veggies
Vegetable soup

Snacks:
Fruit
Smoothie
Veggies in dip
Pickles
Cheese
Nuts

amother
Clear

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 10:04 am
smoothies - so many combos and options to keep from getting bored and soy milk, yogurt, peanut butter, frozen fruit, etc keep awhile without spoiling. we even slice and freeze leftover fruit (ex: bananas) we won't finish in time and it works well for us.

I found I personally need to think more on the side of "adding" healthy stuff rather than omitting things I am used to and like eating - so I serve roasted veggies with pasta and salad with pizza. a pouch of applesauce and nuts with less pastry, really good cut fruit and less pancakes. a few tomatoes with a little less cheese, etc

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 11:05 am
Great ideas thank you everyone! I just ordered some pasta and snacks from fiber gourmet thanks for the idea.
I will try to incorporate some of the other ideas. Actually sounds very yummy.

play doe

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 5:45 pm
My current favorite smoothie:
An apple, an ounce of pb, an ounce of oats, few ounces celery, drop vanilla extract, a cup of water or almond milk.
Had it for lunch today with a big salad with apple cider vinaigrette.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 9:28 am
Just bumping this up and looking for more ideas of very simple cheap breakfast lunch and dinner meals like previously mentioned. Things like peanut butter and jelly for lunch with a small side salad oatmeal for breakfast with some bananas and strawberry and chicken and broccoli for supper. Things like that. Anyone have any more ideas?

amother
Clear

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 12:52 pm
tuna is pretty cheap for us, quick protein. can be plain (drained), mixed with olive oil, mayo (a wee bit, mindful fat uaage is indeed healthy), or avocado. I'd pair with a toast or crackers and grape/cherry tomatoes (yay aldi!)

dankbar

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 1:02 pm
Tuna mixed with light mayo & salad
Scrambled eggs mixed with lite mayo & salad
Or ww bread with omelet & cheese with tomatoes.
Salad with chick peas
Avocado egg salad with melba toast & grape tomatoes
Cubed avocado salad cut in grape tomatoes & purple onion, little olive oil salt & pepper
Greek yogurt
String cheese
Tuna melt on a low carb wrap
Ww bread pizza bread
French toast with flax bread
Cottage cheese
Red hungarian cheese salad with melba , & tomatoes
Canned salmon salad with sour pickles & scallions in it
Salad with shredded cheese or caesar salad with grated parmesan cheese
Hard boiled eggs cut into a salad
Or sliced & put onto a ww bread with thin layer mayo & tomatoes
Or done with Egg salad
Letcho with eggs
Canned mushroom with baby corn & mayo salad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise