Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
If you moved from BP to Flatbush, do you regret it?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 8:07 pm
If you moved from BP to Flatbush, without selling your BP house, did anyone (Litvish) regret it despite BP becoming more Ultra Chasidish by the day, so I look out my window and dont see anyone who looks like me or DH (my main reason for thinking of moving)?

Just for background and some pros and cons:

Were retired and this doesnt involve children adjusting.

We have very nice neighbors. I have more friends in BP than Flatbush, but we mostly talk on the phone and whatsapp, which I can do in Flatbush. We rarely meet personally.

Im thinking that almost wherever Id live in Flatbush, I'd have to drive for a container of milk, that I dont have to do in BP. I love 13th Avenue and Id have to drive to 13th.

If you have any regrets, what are they?

bsy

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 8:11 pm
You don't have to drive everywhere for milk, if you are near avenues with stores. I would not be able to handle living in boro park. Flatbush is a little quieter and more laid back

Not_in_my_town

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 8:24 pm
I'm a little confused. Your whole reason for moving is because you don't look like the others on the streets even though you have a strong social structure?

If you have good neighbors, good friends, a shul, etc., why does it matter who you see out your window?

If it's just people who walk by who have no bearing on your life, why do you care to move?

The people who matter to you will still be there and still be the people you interact with.

Does the look of chasidim bother you so much that you have to get away from "them"?

Or do you feel that you are looked down upon and are being pushed out?

It is a discomfort feeling?

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 8:26 pm
It doesn't sound like you'll enjoy Flatbush.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries