Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
The Ultimate Roast Chicken Provencal

Amarante

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 1:40 pm
I am not sure this is the "ultimate" roast chicken but Tyler Florence loves hyperbole. I will say that his recipe for Chinatown Roast Duck IS the best duck recipe I have ever made.

This was a very nice roast chicken and the roasted veggies made went well as did the pan drippings which had a wonderful flavor from the herbs and vegetables. I did try to get the paste rubbed in a bit below the skin on the breasts to intensify the flavor.

The Ultimate Roast Chicken Provencal

Source: Tyler Florence - Tyler's Ultimate.

THIS IS, WITHOUT QUESTION, THE BEST ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE I’VE EVER TASTED, WITH PROVENÇAL FLAVORS INSIDE AND OUT. The genius of Provençal cooking is that ingredients and cooking methods are simple but when the flavors of the tomatoes, lemons, zucchini, and herbs all melt together, they create a taste that is truly mind-blowing and quintessentially French.

SERVES 4

HERB PASTE

Leaves from 1 bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
Leaves from ¼ bunch of fresh thyme
Leaves from 1 bunch of fresh tarragon
4 garlic cloves
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 whole (3½-pound) chicken
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 lemon, cut in half, plus ½ lemon sliced paper-thin
3 big tomatoes, cut into wedges
4 small zucchini, cut into ½-inch-thick rounds
1 red onion, thinly sliced
Leaves from 4 fresh thyme sprigs
Extra-virgin olive oil

Preheat the oven to 400°F.

Throw the parsley, thyme, tarragon, garlic, and olive oil in a blender, season well with salt and pepper, and purée to a green paste.

Rinse the chicken with cool water inside and out and pat dry with paper towels. Set the chicken on a cutting board, and season the cavity generously with salt and pepper. Stuff the lemon halves into the cavity. Fold the wing tips under the bird and tie the legs together with kitchen string to give it a nice shape while it cooks. Rub the chicken all over with the herb paste so it’s well coated.

Put the chicken in a large roasting pan fitted with a rack and scatter the tomatoes, zucchini, onion, lemon slices, and thyme around. Give the vegetables a big, healthy dose of olive oil—¼ cup should do it—and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put the chicken into the oven and roast for 1 hour, then check on it with an instant-read thermometer by popping it into the thickest part of the thigh. When it reads 160, the bird is cooked.

Take the pan out of the oven and let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes before carving so the juices have a chance to settle back into the meat. Serve with the roasted vegetables.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey