Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami serial by Riva Pomerantz Take 2
  1  2  3  40  41  42  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 4:26 pm
I'm so glad Riva is addressing this topic. How many naive women, people pleasers and those who are taught to be the perfect wife's etc.. are easily taken advantage of in their marriage. What do you think Aryeh is up to?? I feel so bad for Miri! Such a hard please to be in as a newlywed.

amother
Sand

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 5:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm so glad Riva is addressing this topic. How many naive women, people pleasers and those who are taught to be the perfect wife's etc.. are easily taken advantage of in their marriage. What do you think Aryeh is up to?? I feel so bad for Miri! Such a hard please to be in as a newlywed.

Ummm the way I understood it so far is that this is her own issue, not because she was taught to be the perfect wife, and it wouldn't happen to her friends.
She's a very insecure person, always second guessing herself and her self worth.
Everyone worried about her even before she got married.
I don't think it has anything to do with naivette.
And Arye is young and stupid, very stupid and charming and enthralling but not evil.

I'm curious how they will grow into a wholesome couple, which turns and spins they will need to endure until the happy ending.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Thu, Jun 02 2022, 10:56 pm
I missed the first 1 or 2 chapters. So I've been wondering if at the start Riva told us exactly what Miri's issue is. Like, she's never had to have a job before, why not? And she is so pleased with herself, yet overwhelmed, because she got the job as a receptionist. I was wondering if she has some special needs that have been pointed out in the first chapter or so, but I guess not. It's definitely shaping up that the husband is very involved in his own parent's abusive marriage, the father has rage issues and he is his mother's support system, but why he doesn't tell his wife I'm not sure. Also, the title of the series is Take 2, so I'm assuming this is a second marriage somewhere? I always love Riva's writing but so far this new one is a slow burn, I'm sure it will get better. Would love to hear others thoughts. Taking a break from Mammoth cooking!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 06 2022, 3:10 pm
amother [ Nasturtium ] wrote:
I missed the first 1 or 2 chapters. So I've been wondering if at the start Riva told us exactly what Miri's issue is. Like, she's never had to have a job before, why not? And she is so pleased with herself, yet overwhelmed, because she got the job as a receptionist. I was wondering if she has some special needs that have been pointed out in the first chapter or so, but I guess not. It's definitely shaping up that the husband is very involved in his own parent's abusive marriage, the father has rage issues and he is his mother's support system, but why he doesn't tell his wife I'm not sure. Also, the title of the series is Take 2, so I'm assuming this is a second marriage somewhere? I always love Riva's writing but so far this new one is a slow burn, I'm sure it will get better. Would love to hear others thoughts. Taking a break from Mammoth cooking!

Good point. I do see him very involved in his parents marriage. Do you think this is where he is always running too to be there for his mother?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jun 06 2022, 3:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Good point. I do see him very involved in his parents marriage. Do you think this is where he is always running too to be there for his mother?

I don't. I think he's gambling or doing something else that's shady.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Jun 06 2022, 9:44 pm
I think he feels like the savior in his parents’ home. Like he always has to keep the peace there.
He’s constantly over there to try and keep their home intact, but too embarrassed about it to share it with his own wife.

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Jun 06 2022, 11:10 pm
Aryeh is awful. Classic gaslighter.
Is it just me or are all of Riva Pomerantz's serials exactly the same?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Jun 06 2022, 11:26 pm
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
Aryeh is awful. Classic gaslighter.
Is it just me or are all of Riva Pomerantz's serials exactly the same?

I don’t think he’s a gaslighter. I think he’s a good man who needs to learn that his parents’ issues are not his issues, and that his wife comes first now.

mom2mysouls

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 12:10 am
I like the story. It is written way better than Chava and Sholom's. But something sounds very off with Ari. Constant excuses for not being home, and then compensating by charming everyone.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 8:39 pm
Can anyone tell me what happened this week?

ra_mom

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 8:43 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:

Miri's mother tells her husband that their daughter is unhappy. Also that she heard Aryeh and his parents saying horrible things to each other on the phone. They agree that Miri should go for help with or without Aryeh. Miri's mom decides that she'll ask Miri's colleague who Miri looks up to, to convince her to go.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 8:46 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:

Miri’s mother tells her father about her conversation with Miri and also what she heard on the phone. They decide that their best course of action is to offer for Miri to go to therapy and hopefully she’ll bring Aryeh with her.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 8:55 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
Miri’s mother tells her father about her conversation with Miri and also what she heard on the phone. They decide that their best course of action is to offer for Miri to go to therapy and hopefully she’ll bring Aryeh with her.

What did she hear on the phone ? I missed it.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 8:58 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
What did she hear on the phone ? I missed it.

It isn’t said so explicitly but basically she called Aryeh while he was at his parents house and he thought he had hung up the phone but hadn’t so she heard his parents fighting and she described is loosely as absolutely terrible and the worst way people could speak to each other

amother
Gardenia

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 8:59 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
It isn’t said so explicitly but basically she called Aryeh while he was at his parents house and he thought he had hung up the phone but hadn’t so she heard his parents fighting and she described is loosely as absolutely terrible and the worst way people could speak to each other

Thank you

chestnut

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 12:37 am
Fighting and bad sholom bayis can't be the problem in his family. What is it really?
His mother's mental/emotional health and the father not letting her to get help, not to shatter his amazing image in the community?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 1:02 am
chestnut wrote:
Fighting and bad sholom bayis can't be the problem in his family. What is it really?
His mother's mental/emotional health and the father not letting her to get help, not to shatter his amazing image in the community?

The father seems to be a narcissist and angry man, who yells and verbally abuses his wife.
I grew up with such scenarios and relate to the story all too well.

The young husband feels like he must save his mom and their home, while keeping their pride intact for his new wife.

liveandlove.ima

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 1:54 am
If Arye's mom is the "victim" why is she so rude to Miri ? And the fact that she still relies on her son a lot and not letting him go. She's not that innocent as it seems...

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 2:00 am
liveandlove.ima wrote:
If Arye's mom is the "victim" why is she so rude to Miri ? And the fact that she still relies on her son a lot and not letting him go. She's not that innocent as it seems...

Maybe she’s controlling... it’s quite dysfunctional all around...

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 3:36 am
liveandlove.ima wrote:

She’s threatened by Miri taking Aurbach away
Page 1 of 42   1  2  3  40  41  42  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room