Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Fever - no symptoms

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 5:24 pm
I noticed my son barely touched his breakfast. He didn’t want any snacks or lunch. For dinner he just wanted to eat some bread. He usually has a huge appetite.

He’s drinking enough and so far his diapers seem regular.

He seems happy and wants to play but refused to nap and I noticed that he seems to be running a fever.

Is there anything going around now where toddlers just get fever and loss of appetite?

amother
Gray

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 5:30 pm
I have had this with my 3 year old and it's been 3 days already. After the first day she has been resting more and more throughout the day.
Doctor says likely to be a virus that is going around.
Refuah shelaima!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 5:33 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I have had this with my 3 year old and it's been 3 days already. After the first day she has been resting more and more throughout the day.
Doctor says likely to be a virus that is going around.
Refuah shelaima!

Oy! I hope she feels better!
Any other symptoms developed other then fever and lack of appetite? I want to know what to expect.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 5:38 pm
Thank you!

She threw up once during the second night. She is waking up now (will be day 4 since she started) so will see what her temperature is like.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 5:38 pm
Any virus can cause that. Recently my toddler had coxsackie. Started with fever and general kvetchiness etc. After a couple of days she got sores in her mouth.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 6:26 pm
Just be on top of liquid intake. Buy pedialite ice pops and Gatorade and make sure they are taking sips round the clock. Refuah Shelaima!

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 9:59 pm
It could be roseola. It could be any number of standard baby viruses.

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 10:08 pm
Check for strept. It's been going around with no symptoms.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 6:09 pm
Update: Last night (4th night, no fever in the day) she came out in a rash over most of her body that is still there this morning- morning 5.
What is this?

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 6:12 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Update: Last night (4th night, no fever in the day) she came out in a rash over most of her body that is still there this morning- morning 5.
What is this?

Sounds like roseola. It's a very common virus in young kids. You can get her checked out if you're concerned but usually the rash lasts a couple of days and then it's over.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 6:31 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Sounds like roseola. It's a very common virus in young kids. You can get her checked out if you're concerned but usually the rash lasts a couple of days and then it's over.

Thank you!
Just looked it up and describes what's been happening exactly.
Don't know why it took till my third kid to discover this...
Refuah shelaima to those who need it!

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 7:07 pm
I just want to add for other mothers, that my baby had fever and no other symptoms , I went to doc said prob virus, I went again and finally said can’t be doesn’t make sense. He did urine and she had UTI, just something to be aware of.
Another time my baby was sick with fever after being sick a week before, she still had some runny nose. But was acting so not herself, threw up once. I went to doc and she had double ear infection, but I said doesn’t make sense she doesn’t get so sick when she has ear infections, low and behold a second UTI. So even if doc said viral if a day or two goes by and you’re unsure or child is worse or anything out of sorts, go back to the doc .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics