Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Music that’s too loud- made ears ring

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 5:40 pm
My husband and I (we are in our early 50s) attended a wedding the other night and we wore earplugs. The music was very loud. I made sure not to stand by the speakers and walked out for a while during dancing.During and after the wedding, I noticed that my ears were ringing. That is a sign of hearing loss. Why does the music have to be so loud? This type of hearing loss is irreparable. You can barely have a conversation without yelling. Why doesn’t anyone care? I am concerned that I may no longer be able to attend the reception or even the wedding at all.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 6:00 pm
Many people care. There was a thread no long ago about this.

The people who make music and the young people getting married often don't care. And they are the ones who decide.

We were clear the music people were not getting paid if they raised the volume over what we agreed upon.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 6:05 pm
Nearing 60. Over 10 years already I usually come home with an Enormous Headache after any Simcha with music. Takes me a few hours to feel better. Maybe I should try the earplugs.

naomi2

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 7:18 pm
I care. I wear earplugs at every wedding but I'm upset for my husband and kids who don't.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics