Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
OOOOPS

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 7:08 pm
Just hosted a young cousin—she told me she would stop by to visit us after visiting the doctor, to check her recovery from a hand injury, and she did. It was a hectic time of day here, by the time she came we were getting kids ready for bed, but I saved food for her and I thought it was a sweet visit.

Only as I was getting into bed myself, I was sort of replaying footage of the day mentally, it struck me—one of her hands was in a cast! She was using only one hand to eat! She couldn’t eat chicken on her bone!!!!!

Should have cut the chicken, given her bowl and spoon rather than her needing to balance quinoa on a plate, etc.

Urrrrggggh

I feel like an idiot

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 7:44 pm
That’s very thoughtful of you. I don’t think most people would have thought of that even after the fact. It was a hectic time.

It’s a good PSA though.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 7:49 pm
You sound like a fantastic person! I'm sure she really, really appreciated it regardless.
Good for you for taking note of these small details and I'm sure you'll do even better next time.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 8:52 pm
You are very thoughtful.
To make you feel better, I use one hand when eating chicken on the bone. You don't need 2 hands for taking the chicken off the bone.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 31 2022, 3:56 am
Thanks everyone. Makes me feel better to read your responses.

Another Burlywood--HOW do you eat chicken on the bone with just one hand?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, May 31 2022, 3:58 am
She also could have spoken up if she needed any help. Dw
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette